Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK5/6 2002-2008 Overheating problems.

Ryanl0l

Hi there,

New to the page, i've owned my Fiesta for over 4 years now, 1.4l petrol 2005.

Recently i have noticed that my car's fan hasn't kicked in when getting to high temp, ie. Stop start traffic or idling for 10 mins. Coolant tank starts to bubble up and steams out from under the bonnet.

I have done a few trial and errors myself, ie. Relays/fuses, expansion tank replacement, also tried different caps, checked for head gasket issues (no problems). I've also replaced the sensor for the fan and still no good. 

The fan works, of course this was the first thing i tried, if i have the sensor unplugged during ontime then it stays on until i turn off, but obvioiusly this can burn out the fans motor in the long run.

I can only think of two more possible issues, thermostat or a blockage in the pipes.

Correct me if im wrong but my hot and cold air works and surely it wouldn't if the thermostat wasn't working correctly.

Also all pipes are hot so surely that must mean that there isn't a blockage.

Can anybody give me an idea on what else it could possibly be? And if you don't mind point me in the right direction.

I have the thermostat, the housing, and some flush fluid in my kitchen ready to replace on saturday, so please a help would be well appreciated. 

Thankyou!!

thermostat or head gasket if oil in header tank or white deposit in engine oil filler cap.

No signs of head gasket, exaust all good and no signs of fluid or gunk in oil, im thinking maybe an electrical fault. So confusing

did you change the thermostat?

• 7 months later...
On 10/26/2020 at 1:01 AM, Ryanl0l said:

No signs of head gasket, exaust all good and no signs of fluid or gunk in oil, im thinking maybe an electrical fault. So confusing

Did you sort out this issue? Cause I have the same car with the exact same issue

On 10/26/2020 at 1:01 AM, Ryanl0l said:

If you have aircon, check the cooling fan resistor is not open circuit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club