Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can I tell if my replacement engine is 123 bhp?

Cuckoo

Hi guys,

Newbie here.

I recently bought a 2014 Fiesta 1,0 Zetec S

Soon after the engine overheated and Ford offered to replace the engine.

The new engine is installed but it the car doesn't seem to have the same zip it used to have.

How can I tell if the Ford dealer has replaced the engine with the 123 bhp version and not the lesser version, i.e. is there a code on the engine label that tells me?

TIA

Cuckoo

If it was a NEW engine it might still be a bit tight.   Give it a few thousand miles running in and you will probably notice the difference.

i am sure ford would not replace engine with lesser version. what does receipt say. As bob says new engine will loosen off after around 5k miles. If still not sure take it to a rolling road and get it dynoed. Maybe the old engine was remapped hence why it failed.

Thanks for the response guys

It's been along time since I had a new engine and I've never had a replacement engine, so I'll keep an eye on it

Cheers!

The power difference is in the ECU mapping, the main engines are physically the same between 99 and 125ps.  

As well it being a tight new block, the ECU may also needs to learn new parameters as you drive.

Ultimately as suggested above, you could only really tell by sticking it on a rolling road.

• Like 1

There is a number etched on the turbocharger which shows the power. The rest of the engine is the same and the engine management will not have been changed so If it has had a new turbo as well, check that. If not, it will be a running in matter. 

Thanks Tom/Anon

The turbo hasn't been changed so it must be running in

Cheers

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club