Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What animal would dig hole in soil to hide an egg??

jace1969

This is true and i had to laugh and even showed my next door.

With have a little wheelbarrow with soil in say 18inch long and  8inch wide just to put flowers in on the backyard abut there was nothing in it just the pete/soil.

Dug it today and found a normal egg in it so it could only be a bird and the backyard is sealed up with wall one side and 6ft fence the other and locked gates and carport at the back.

The only way in is fly or jump over the wall as I'm the end house, the wall is a good 7ft but it was buried deep so i wouldn't think a bird would do this,must of been there for a good 2 months.

I only cracked it as it had a red mark on it and a large size so a normal eating egg, bit weird.

• 2 weeks later...

a fox, that's the only animal that stashes an egg, and any other food for that matter, like a dog that buries a bone for later.

Got the fox on CCTV and looked at it, its amazing what you can see how they go about stuff but one thing i don't like is they jump onto the car roof to jump over the fence.

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Got the fox on CCTV and looked at it, its amazing what you can see how they go about stuff but one thing i don't like is they jump onto the car roof to jump over the fence.

There’s going to be one disappointed 🦊running around. Maybe you should check your car for extra deep scratches and a calling card 😀

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

There’s going to be one disappointed 🦊running around. Maybe you should check your car for extra deep scratches and a calling card 😀

Lol.Yeah, we're plagued by the little beggars leaving "calling cards" in the front garden. At least they can get in/out easily without using my car as a ladder!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club