Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK6 PATS Code 15

T.Elliott

If anyone could help that would be great. 

For around a month now, there has been many occasions that i have entered my car to try and start it and it wont start and the immobiliser LED will flash for about a minute (This doesnt happen everytime i try to start the car). As soon as it stops flashing continuously it will start without a problem. I was told to look for a code when it happens. So it happened again today and after the continuous flashing, it flashed 1 - pause - 5 flashes. Does anyone have any idea what it could possibly be or has anyone else had this problem. TIA.

Pats code 15 is related to a key transponder detection error.
Could be that the ring around the ignition barrel is damaged, the key is worn so not maintaining a constant position in relation to the transponder ring of a possibility that you have dry connections on the speedo cluster circuit board (cluster, key transponder and ECU are all part of the immobiliser system).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have had very similar problem that started off the same , but has got worse ,I use to lock and unlock the car with fob , like yours if red light flashed fast it wouldn't start . Now other issues have started happening , wipers would start on there own for one wipe, hazard lights would flash once , now yesterday the car would start and then cut out within 30 seconds , tried several times same issue, then just by keep trying started ok. I use to sit in car using the remote key locking and unlocking car until got steady red light , but now sometimes fob key won't lock doors. Any help would be really appreciated and if anyone could advice what diagnostic reader to buy to see what errors it brings up would be real helpful.        My model is fiesta Mk6 1.25 petrol 2007.

Thank you I have just joined this site Michael. 

Hi Michael, its funny you say that because when i got into my car yesterday the windscreen wipers went off once and i just thought nothing of it. I havent had the problem of the car cutting out, but i will be looking out for that. As soon as i find anything out i will be sure to let you know, thanks.

Thank you for your response, i will look into those things to see if it may be any of them. 

On 11/25/2020 at 10:11 PM, Stoney871 said:

Pats code 15 is related to a key transponder detection error.
Could be that the ring around the ignition barrel is damaged, the key is worn so not maintaining a constant position in relation to the transponder ring of a possibility that you have dry connections on the speedo cluster circuit board (cluster, key transponder and ECU are all part of the immobiliser system).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response. I will be sure to look at those things to see if any of that may be the problem. Thanks

• Like 1

I put a general request on my local Facebook page to see if anyone could plug a diagnostic scanner in to my car to try and solve all the issues I have had.

I real nice chap replied and said he would plug in his snap on tools latest scanner to see any issues for £20 , I explained to him what issues I was experiencing trying to start car and without plugging in scanner he wobbled ignition barrel around and said barrel is knackered , but then plugged in scanner to confirm which it did , he cleared down faults and told me to go and buy used ignition barrel with key on eBay for around £25 and he would replace it for me and program my keys , managed to pick one up for £15 free delivery , he said it can be any ford key even of a focas, mondeo as long as the key has 3 buttons like my own, as it happens managed to get one of a fiesta like mine. Guy was a very genuine chap who I will use again for any work needed done on car that I can't do myself. I was going to buy a £30 scanner from eBay , best £20 I've spent in a long time getting this chap to plug his diagnostics in to my car although me explaining the issue drew his attention to ignition barrel. Happy Days 🙂👍🏻

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club