Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Ignition Ford Focus 2020

Rocoo

Amazed that you can start your car with your keys in jacket pocket , go into the house and say I’ll change my jacket as it start raining , drive away with your keys still in the jacket you left in the house .

And no way of restarting your car as I’ve left my keys in my jacket back at home 

Surely the car should say as you drive away your keys are out of range ?

8 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

With all new technology, comes new problems. That is a bit of bad luck buddy, but better than having your car stolen by tech savvy car thieves. They use a device linked with a laptop that scans for the key-less, key, frequency which is relayed back to the laptop, where the thief unlocks, and starts the car while you are fast asleep in bed. I wouldn't be surprised if the laptop saves the keys frequency to be able to use the car more than once. 😐

That's doesn't happen now with the new keys that go to sleep if not moved.

14 hours ago, Rocoo said:

Amazed that you can start your car with your keys in jacket pocket , go into the house and say I’ll change my jacket as it start raining , drive away with your keys still in the jacket you left in the house .

And no way of restarting your car as I’ve left my keys in my jacket back at home 

other manufacturers the dashboard lights up stating no key detected engine will shut down and does.

16 hours ago, Rocoo said:

You should see a dashboard alert that keys are not detected in vehicle.

16 hours ago, Rocoo said:

Oddly specific scenario...have you actually done that?  Definitely bad luck if so.  It was probably one of those dash warnings that you automatically just cancel (seatbelts etc)...

Interesting.  Just tried this in my 2020 Focus.

On returning to my car as i engaged gear an amber "No key detected" sign came on the dash (accompanied by the gong sound) but it switched itself off automatically in just a few seconds more.  Started down the road and a few seconds later the same sign/gong came on - again this was extinguished automatically after a few seconds.   Thereafter nothing.

What was interesting was on reaching my destination (back outside my house!!) when I switched off the engine i got another amber message "Restart now or key is needed".  I restarted while the sign was illuminated and indeed the car did restart straightaway.

• Like 2

I think it must be a safety thing in case your key goes faulty when you are driving. If it did the car may grind to a halt in the middle of nowhere of at an unsafe place.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, Comares2001 said:

You should see a dashboard alert that keys are not detected in vehicle.

You don’t , or I was half  asleep 😴 

On 12/18/2020 at 11:36 AM, TomsFocus said:

Oddly specific scenario...have you actually done that?  Definitely bad luck if so.  It was probably one of those dash warnings that you automatically just cancel (seatbelts etc)...

Yes I done exactly it 

Find it a bit worrying , just say I was working and drove  to Kerry ( 3.5 hours) from Dublin and realised when I got there my keys where at home .

There’s no way of restarting your car as I rang the Ford garage and had this chat .

7 hours ago, Tizer said:

I think it must be a safety thing in case your key goes faulty when you are driving. If it did the car may grind to a halt in the middle of nowhere of at an unsafe place.

They could set it at set it at 10 meters , obviously your keys 🔑 not in your car .

8 hours ago, Linds said:

Interesting.  Just tried this in my 2020 Focus.

On returning to my car as i engaged gear an amber "No key detected" sign came on the dash (accompanied by the gong sound) but it switched itself off automatically in just a few seconds more.  Started down the road and a few seconds later the same sign/gong came on - again this was extinguished automatically after a few seconds.   Thereafter nothing.

What was interesting was on reaching my destination (back outside my house!!) when I switched off the engine i got another amber message "Restart now or key is needed".  I restarted while the sign was illuminated and indeed the car did restart straightaway.

My situation to be more clear with some details.

My car  never said keys not detected when I came back out off the house .

I arrived at my destination, turned car off and went to lock my Car but since no keys , I used the ford App to lock it .

Tried to start it before I locked it , to see if keys somewhere in the car or had fallen out , but soon dawned on me they were at home 🏠.Bit this time said keys not detected but didn’t say it when I left the house without them .

Had to have keys delivered to myself by the father in law.

I was a bit confused with your above post ,  it’s clear now after experimenting.

I started my car up and put key back in house and when I got back in car it said no key detected( didn’t do this before ) , but could still drive it as it obviously left running, once I turned it off , it gave me the choice to restart or I would need a key to restart .

Tried first time with key left back in the house 

Tried second time with key just 5 meters outside car in my garden 

Both times same result .

A77BC986-5762-4C49-B174-EB6DA5B8CD74.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Rocoo said:

You don’t , or I was half  asleep 😴 

If you sit in the car and start it then get out with the key you should see the same warning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are coming across the many issues that always arise when we are given solutions for which there were never problems in the first place.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

If you sit in the car and start it then get out with the key you should see the same warning. 

Seems to be working now , no key detected

Tried as posted above a tried two slightly different tests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocoo said:

There’s no way of restarting your car as I rang the Ford garage and had this chat .

Yeah, that's right.  You wouldn't expect any car to start without the key, bit of a security issue if it did.

The problem here is that you weren't warned about it.  Unless you inadvertently missed the warning... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, that's right.  You wouldn't expect any car to start without the key, bit of a security issue if it did.

The problem here is that you weren't warned about it.  Unless you inadvertently missed the warning... 

Never got no key detected Warning 

But working now , Funny how it works now after ringing the ford garage 

Imo

You should be able to ring Ford once you’ve unlocked your car with your App 

And you can prove it’s you , with a series of security questions and a code set by you .

And they could remotely start it .

To be honest , they could go with a finger print and or face recognition once you’ve answered the security questions .

There should be the option fromFord starting it remotely or a option to start with no key or a faulty key ( easily can happen )

Finger print a easy fit for ford .

• Like 1

If I leave the engine running my car sounds an irritating gong as soon as I open the door so I can't ignore it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rocoo said:

Imo

You should be able to ring Ford once you’ve unlocked your car with your App 

And you can prove it’s you , with a series of security questions and a code set by you .

And they could remotely start it .

To be honest , they could go with a finger print and or face recognition once you’ve answered the security questions .

There should be the option fromFord starting it remotely or a option to start with no key or a faulty key ( easily can happen )

Finger print a easy fit for ford .

That's a fair point...I'm still living in the dark ages, not up with all this tech. :laugh: 

Fingerprint is so unreliable on my phone though, I'm not sure that's the answer.  Never tried face recognition so don't know how reliable that is.  Memorable information like the banking apps use isn't a bad idea though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's a fair point...I'm still living in the dark ages, not up with all this tech. :laugh: 

Fingerprint is so unreliable on my phone though, I'm not sure that's the answer.  Never tried face recognition so don't know how reliable that is.  Memorable information like the banking apps use isn't a bad idea though.

There’s so many options for ford , that you should never be stuck to start your car , could save a life one day .

1.Ring them , and answer security questions  and they remotely start it .

2.Finger Print 

3.Face recognition 

4.12 Digit code through the display panel .

5. Etc 

my point is you should never be stuck to start your car these days and it can be done securely with a bit of thought and cheaply .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club