Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Orange Spanner popped up after driving 5 miles

Jb27

Hey all.

New here. Just literally picked up my 70 plate Focus ST Diesel today. It is a pre reg so has been sat for 3 months, it had done less than 10 miles.

On the way home literally 5 mins after leaving the dealer a warning popped up with the orange spanner saying check manual book. I assumed it was a service interval but the book says its power train and should be booked in now.

I'm slightly worried. I do have a 7 day money back guarantee but got a good deal so am hesitant. Its from a Ford main dealer and has 3 years warranty.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, Jb27 said:

I'm slightly worried. I do have a 7 day money back guarantee but got a good deal so am hesitant. Its from a Ford main dealer and has 3 years warranty.

Unsure why you are worried, it's new from a main dealer, just take it back for them to sort!

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure what you want us to say other than take it back to the dealer, it's their problem.

• Thanks 1

10 miles on a modern diesel?  DPFs probably blocked already... :wink:

Seriously though, either take it for a run tomorrow to charge the battery (long way to the supermarket of course) or just take it back and ask them to plug it in.  

I suspect it'll just be due to low battery after sitting though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*edited as didn't quote.

Edited by Jb27

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Unsure why you are worried, it's new from a main dealer, just take it back for them to sort!

I get that. I'll contact them tomorrow. I'm in Cornwall and they're in South Wales but yes, it is their problem. I can take it to my local for a warranty plug in I guess.

Cheers

This reminds me of a job I held many years ago at a major car manufacturer.

It was in the warranty returns side of the business and my job was to deal with this sort of problem where it involved the engine itself.

The customer had taken delivery of a brand new car and as he parked up on his drive the engine went bang.

Naturally he was rather put out and was straight on to the dealer. The car was lifted and taken back, where the technician confirmed major engine failure. They were on the phone to me.

We had an arrangement for this sort of event. An engine of that spec. was immediately released and our man in a van took it straight out to the dealer who fitted it as a priority job.

I left off contacting the dealer for a while not relishing having an ear bending from him.

In the end I relented and made the call. He was quite pleasant in the circumstances, the customer was still positive and had returned to the sales room enquiring about an other car.

I wasn't best pleased when I had the report on the cause of  the failure, it was as they say in the NHS a 'never event'.

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's gone in today to be investigated. Has happened multiple times since so will update the thread when I know more.

Has been in dealers twice and they cannot fix. One last attempt before I start the rejection process. Lovely.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club