Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blind spot light

Smiffio

Hi, wondering if anyone can help please. I bought a brand new Fiesta ST3 Feb 2020. My wife and I both independently noticed a few months back that the orange blind spot light was no longer illuminating in the mirror each time a car would overtake. I read in the manual that you can turn this off in the settings menu, so naturally I thought it had somehow got turned off. I checked the settings menu and there is no option or even a mention of the blind spot indicator. (No jokes on blind spots please!) I finally got the car down to the Ford dealer today for them to check it out. The outcome is that apparantley the ST3 does not have this. I argued for sometime with them that it used to work but got nowhere other than leaving with the tech's report saying this car does not have blind spot indication. Are we both wrong in thinking we saw this working for the first 6 months or so???

Kind regards

Shaun

It's an optional extra.  You should be able to see the etch mark on the mirror glass if it has it though.

The orange spot on the mirrors illuminates for a second or so when the ignition is first pressed for engine startup. And as above, the mirrors have a dot on them where the orange light is.

BLIS is a part of the Driver Assistance pack. Does your car have that?

There are a few things not available on the St as part of the pack but BLIS isn't one of them.

Hi, many thanks for your replies, I will check out the light on start-up, and confirm if it does or not. It has drivers assistance, launch control, lane keeping etc but no mention of BLIS.

Have a check. If you have the Drivers Assistance pack, you will have BLIS. If you do, as I say, the car will test it on ignition startup.

It should also be selectable in the menu system.

It seems from what you say with it not being in the menu, it not working and Ford saying you don't have it, then the car does not have the Driver pack.

Launch Control used to be a separate option to the driver pack but may be a standard feature now on the ST.  The pack seems no longer selectable for the Mhev, also lane keeping is standard on all models I believe.

Below is what the driver pack contains. A few things / toys are not available on the ST but BLIS is not one of them.

Would say the standout things which are easily noticeable are the rear view camera and door edge protectors to see if the pack has added to your car on build.

Titanium X, Active X Edition, ST-Line X Edition, ST-2* & ST-3* - (AEB) Autonomous Emergency Braking incl. Pedestrians AEB, Intelligent (ACC) Adaptive Cruise Control, Driver Alert, Door Edge Protectors, BLIS (Blind Spot Information System), Advanced Auto Park Includes Front Parking Sensors and Advanced Auto Park Assistance, Rear View Camera. (*Not available on ST: Auto Park Assist & Front Parking Sensors, nor Adaptive Cruise Control)

Hi, thankyou for the info. 

I do not get any light on the mirror on start-up.

My features on the menu are:

Launch control
Traffic sign rec
Lane keeping
Driver alert
Hill start
Speed limiter
Rear park pilot
We also have a rear reverse camera.

We both 100% know that the mirror would display an orange light if we were overtaken, it's as if the feature has been taken off. The car has only done 3500 miles and the only time it has been out of our site is when the windscreen got replaced for a crack in it, the car had to go into national windscreen as the car has to be recalibrated after (could it have been during this?) Also the car was recalled to Ford to have the front headlights replaced to prevent condensation.

It's no great loss but we know it used to work. Such a mystery!

Yes, our blis lights up when something passes or overtakes on a motorway or dual carriage way.

Strange that you feel it was there but has now stopped. Also strange is it has gone from the menu on the car.

You didn't say whether the wing mirror glasses have the marks on them where the orange light illuminates through, that is another indication a car has Blis.

Can you message me your reg?  I'll check the build spec list to see if it's on there.

Very odd. Looking at a November 2019 price list all the features you mention as being on your menu were standard on an ST3 by then, but not BLIS which was part of the pack Martin mentions.

• Like 1

BLIS seems to be an odd option.  It's listed separately from driver assist pack on the Focus, not standard even on the Vignale.  Doesn't make any sense as it only uses the parking sensors doesn't it?  So just an extra wire in the mirror loom an an LED in the glass...how does that cost £400!? :unsure: 

• Haha 1

Hi Tom, I have pm you the reg.

I cannot see any etch Mark or clues on the glass. Am I loosing the plot?😂😂

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Smiffio said:

. Am I loosing the plot?😂😂

Lol I think we all are to some extent with the weirdness of the last year!😱

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

So just an extra wire in the mirror loom an an LED in the glass...how does that cost £400!? :unsure: 

I'm beginning to think Ford price lists are now being compiled by someone who used to work for Audi, BMW or Mercedes!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I'm beginning to think Ford price lists are now being compiled by someone who used to work for Audi, BMW or Mercedes!😀

Possibly!  On the Focus Active X Vignale there are only 2 proper options (not counting towbars and CD player). 

Driver assist pack with adaptive cruise, TSR and auto high beam (plus 'driverless' with autobox) for £525 which seems reasonable.

Or just BLIS for £400! :shocking:

• Confused 1

Driver side mirror with BLIS light illuminates orange when detection made. Passenger side opposite hand.

MIRROR.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Driver side mirror with BLIS light illuminates orange when detection made. Passenger side opposite hand.

MIRROR.jpg

Nice one thanks for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club