Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheels on a Ford mondeo

Kurt1942

I have a 2007 mondeo which has 16“ steel wheels I have been offered a set of alloy wheels but they are 17“ rim can anyone tell me if its would be OK to put them on my car or will I have a problem 

1 minute ago, Kurt1942 said:

I have a 2007 mondeo which has 16“ steel wheels I have been offered a set of alloy wheels but they are 17“ rim can anyone tell me if its would be OK to put them on my car or will I have a problem 

Have to be careful of the tyre and wheel sizes, because it can effect the gear ratio also clearance in wheel arches . 

• Like 1

Yep, you need to get more info on the wheels...Are they Ford wheels? What are the wheel measurements: width, offset, PCD? If they have tyres fitted, what size are they?

• Like 1

Yes if they are Ford wheels I used to swop,between 16" steels in winter and 17" ally's in summer the tyre size changes talker side walls on the 16's so the rolling circumference stay about the same your handbook shows the tyre sizes,there will be no clearance problems as long as they are Mondeo wheels.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club