Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 juddering/vibrating issue

Dippo

Hey guys, about 2-3 months ago my car started juddering/vibrating when pulling off in 1st, also a little when changing into second and same issue when in reverse. Also occasionally when I stop a lights it's almost about to stall but only now again it does that.

I changed the spark plugs, leads and coil pack. The issue stopped and was fine again until these past few days. The same thing is happening again. I've tested to see if there is a misfire and as far as I can tell there isn't. I've also tried cleaning the maf sensor but still getting the same issue. 

If anyone could help me on this one please as I'm at a loss.

Thanks

check all the vacuum lines, you may be haveing a vaccum leak, the other way of finding this out is spraying something flamable like wd40 around that system while the car is idling, if you have a vacuum leak, the idle rpm will increase

Didn't think of a vacuum leak, just had a Google and your right those symptoms do match what I'm getting so I hope that is the issue. Going to have a look tomorrow. Does it have to be something flammable or would water do? Don't want to create a fire lol.

Thanks

Something else that might warrant a look is the bottom engine mount.  I changed one on my 1.6 petrol, the larger of the two rubber bushes was split quite badly and caused a lot of judder.

17 minutes ago, Dippo said:

Didn't think of a vacuum leak, just had a Google and your right those symptoms do match what I'm getting so I hope that is the issue. Going to have a look tomorrow. Does it have to be something flammable or would water do? Don't want to create a fire lol.

Thanks

the flamable spray is to see if you have a vacuum leak, if you do, the flamable spray will be sucked into the vacuum leak, water wouldn't work as your engine rpm wouldn't change

If you have access to diagnostic kit, I would look at the fuel trims and use those to see if they indicate a vacuum leak 

So was able to have a look this weekend after raining all week. Checked for vacuum leaks and found the pcv hose had a hole in it. Changed both the hose and the valve. Also the spark plugs were very black I only changed them back in the summer. Cleaned them up and the car is running so much better now. Not 100% though.

I plugged in a obd2 reader and got code P0420. Im thinking this could could be down to the hole making the car run rich and destroying the 02 sensors?

I was thinking about getting forscan I think that would give more answers instead of just changing sensors hoping for the best. Anyone use forscan or recommend something else?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club