Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I have the right exhaust supports?

GeoffGeoff

2010 Mondeo mk4 1.8tdci titanium pre face-lift 

A pot hole knocked my exhaust from its mooring. I put in back on by hand. Photos attached.

My question is should the exhaust only be held up by one metal stick stuck into a rubber hole / clip? 

The exhaust has always looked wonky to me / lop sided / hanging too low anyway. Do I have a clip or support missing? 

20210204_065946.jpg

20210204_070102.jpg

20210204_070119.jpg

There's normally a knobbly bit on the end of the hanger which helps to prevent it from sliding out of the rubber bung too easily. Is that back box original or a replacement?

Maybe get a small jubilee clip on the end that is poking out from the bung, or a zip tie.

If you look at the top pic, there IS a nobbly bit on tne hanger, but on tne 2nd pic, the rubber support isn't far enough on the hanger to clear the nobbly part 

I don't think you are right Nick

There is no nobbly bit on the bracket that is fixed to the silencer

2 minutes ago, TrevorB said:

I don't think you are right Nick

There is no nobbly bit on the bracket that is fixed to the silencer

He's sort of right...

There is a knobbly bit on the cars bracket, but the rubber hangar has been pushed off of it, you can see that area is clean where the rest is mucky.... 

But as you say, there is no lump on the backbox bracket.  Looks like an aftermarket box to me.

8 hours ago, TrevorB said:

He's sort of right........??? 😄😀

Yeah, look at the top pic again... at the left hand side of the rubber.. can't you see that nobbly bit right up against the lhs of the rubber hanger? 

Just now, nicam49 said:

Yeah, look at the top pic again... at the left hand side of the rubber.. can't you see that nobbly bit right up against the lhs of the rubber hanger? 

Anyway, that's what I meant.. Not the one on the silencer, but it's a good suggestion to try fitting a jubilee clip to prevent it sliding off again. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club