Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop/tail light upgrade issues

Screamingbar

Hi all! 

I was looking to upgrade my rear lights to LED Bulbs

I purchased some ‘780’ rear stop/tail lights from autobeam, upon installing them I switched the side lights on and realised my spoiler brake light was now on as if the brake was being applied and the lights were super bright! 

I applied the brake pedal to see if they got brighter as if braking and they didn’t! So I just put the original bulbs back it and it’s ok now. 

Any idea if I’ve got the wrong bulbs or I’m just being an idiot doing something wrong!?

many thanks 

Dave 

1 hour ago, Screamingbar said:

I was looking to upgrade my rear lights to LED bulbs, 

I purchased some ‘780’ rear stop/tail lights from autobeam, upon installing them I switched the side lights on and realised my spoiler brake light was now on as if the brake was being applied and the lights were super bright! 

I applied the brake pedal to see if they got brighter as if braking and they didn’t! So I just put the original bulbs back it and it’s ok now. 

Are they cheap Chinese LEDs by any chance? (Maybe not if from AutoBeam) They usually give lots of issues, not having the correct internal resistance for a direct replacement, and they don't last long either. I would email them and discuss the issues you have and see what they suggest.

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Are they cheap Chinese LEDs by any chance? (Maybe not if from AutoBeam) They usually give lots of issues, not having the correct internal resistance for a direct replacement, and they don't last long either. I would email them and discuss the issues you have and see what they suggest.

No they certainly wernt cheap! Yeah I’ll get in touch with autobeam, thanks mate 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club