Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK6 Lowering Springs

Sully04

Yo, so I've just recently got some 25mm lowering springs and was wondering if I needed to get the tracking done again.. At the moment I've got 20mm spacers on all round and I only had the tracking done a couple of weeks ago. I'm planning to put the springs on the original struts as I didn't think it was a bigger enough drop for new ones.

Yes you need a wheel alignment. It's not super urgent but I wouldn't leave it longer than a couple weeks if you can help it. You'll find it'll only need minor adjustments.

48 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Yes you need a wheel alignment. It's not super urgent but I wouldn't leave it longer than a couple weeks if you can help it. You'll find it'll only need minor adjustments.

ok cheers. what about if I changed the springs without actually taking the strut out?

24 minutes ago, Sully04 said:

ok cheers. what about if I changed the springs without actually taking the strut out?

Good luck with that 😂😂. You need to be able to slide the spring off by undoing the top mount.

The rear is a different setup as it doesn't have a top mount and a spring over shock setup. Instead the spring is just "placed" inbetween the wishbone and car body so pretty easy to remove. You need to remove the shock absorber but that won't affect the alignment by itself (think of it as a boot strut with just one bolt top and bottom).

BTW if you want a face at the end of a job you're going to need some spring compressors. Not so much for the rear like I said, but definitely the front.

The fact you asked this question suggests you don't really have any idea what you're doing? I suggest at the very least you get a friend who does to help you out.

8 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Good luck with that 😂😂. You need to be able to slide the spring off by undoing the top mount.

The rear is a different setup as it doesn't have a top mount and a spring over shock setup. Instead the spring is just "placed" inbetween the wishbone and car body so pretty easy to remove. You need to remove the shock absorber but that won't affect the alignment by itself (think of it as a boot strut with just one bolt top and bottom).

BTW if you want a face at the end of a job you're going to need some spring compressors. Not so much for the rear like I said, but definitely the front.

The fact you asked this question suggests you don't really have any idea what you're doing? I suggest at the very least you get a friend who does to help you out.

yeah I know it's not a great idea but I know someone who puts springs on without compressors and he uses the weight of the car and a jack to release the tension on the spring. I have got springs compressors though anyway. Obviously I would need to undo the top mount but I just wondered if I could that and then turn the wheel and slide the spring off the strut

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club