Do Not Sell My Personal Information

False Alerts on Ford App

Alexis94040

Good evening my friends!

This time we are going to discuss (if you like)  about false warnings been shown on Ford App.

I have several days the same note writting that one of my doors have been violated and to check it immediatelly.

When i checked the car was found locked and no violation have been taking place the moment of my instant car inspection.

The message is still continue coming for different doors even for the bonnet.

The truth is that when the message comes i have already openned one of these doors a couple of minutes before.

Ford App has never sent me one of these messages before in the past...

The car is new and i would like to know if there is a failure with the application.

By the way the car is always locked and secured ehen i use the remote key.

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

Sounds like you have Guard Mode turned on - notifies you every time a door is opened. Try finding it and turn it off.

• Thanks 1

As Waggy posted above. You have " Guard mode" activated on Ford pass app. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Waggy said:

Sounds like you have Guard Mode turned on - notifies you every time a door is opened. Try finding it and turn it off.

Thanks a lot!!

I hane just found it and deactivated at once.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wino said:

As Waggy posted above. You have " Guard mode" activated on Ford pass app. 

Thanks a lot!

So many problems/issues noted, for new models.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Bol said:

So many problems/issues noted, for new models.

I don't think it's an actual issue or problem. It's the Ford pass guard mode doing what it's supposed to do. 

When its activated and you or someone opens a door/ boot or bonnet the app alerts you that it's happened. There may be a time delay due to signal in the area you are. 

I don't receive mine until I actually arrive at work 3.4 miles away then I get all 6 at once 😄

In real time if the car was stolen by the time I'd get the alert it would be long gone 🙄

Screenshot_20210315-172335_FordPass.jpg

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Wino said:

I don't think it's an actual issue or problem. It's the Ford pass guard mode doing what it's supposed to do. 

When its activated and you or someone opens a door/ boot or bonnet the app alerts you that it's happened. There may be a time delay due to signal in the area you are. 

I don't receive mine until I actually arrive at work 3.4 miles away then I get all 6 at once 😄

In real time if the car was stolen by the time I'd get the alert it would be long gone 🙄

Screenshot_20210315-172335_FordPass.jpg

Yes you are such so right...

There is a little delay between the real time of action and the notification alert of the app.

But it still remains a very usefull app!!!

It helps me a lot when outside is rainning or is it cold and i can not  remember if my car is locked or unlocked. I just press the lock icon and everything works perfect from distance.

On the other hand if my phone is stolen i may have a lot of trouble...or not?

Greetings from windy Athens/Greece to everyone!!!

• Like 2

Does this app work for older models?

Χαίρετε.

2 minutes ago, Bol said:

Does this app work for older models?

Χαίρετε.

Καλησπέρα...Μιλάτε ελληνικά;

Δεν γνωρίζω κατά πόσο λειτουργεί σε παλαιότερες εκδόσεις, γνωρίζω όμως πως θέλει έκδοση sync 3 στο infotainment.

Good evening!Do you speak Greek?

I do not know how well it works in older editions of sync, the only thing i know is that requires sync 3 in infotainment system.

19 minutes ago, Alexis94040 said:

Yes you are such so right...

There is a little delay between the real time of action and the notification alert of the app.

But it still remains a very usefull app!!!

It helps me a lot when outside is rainning or is it cold and i can not  remember if my car is locked or unlocked. I just press the lock icon and everything works perfect from distance.

On the other hand if my phone is stolen i may have a lot of trouble...or not?

Greetings from windy Athens/Greece to everyone!!!

It does have its uses. At least my Mrs knows I've got to work ok without the need of a text to say I got here ok as the app alerts her when I open the car door etc it also locates the car on the map too. It's fairly accurate on the map side of things as I was on a break the other day and looked on the maps and it clearly showed which end of the car park I'd parked ( I park in different sections from time to time ) it also showed me where I was located on the app too. Handy if you forget where one has left the car. All without having to open google maps 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wino said:

It does have its uses. At least my Mrs knows I've got to work ok without the need of a text to say I got here ok as the app alerts her when I open the car door etc it also locates the car on the map too. It's fairly accurate on the map side of things as I was on a break the other day and looked on the maps and it clearly showed which end of the car park I'd parked ( I park in different sections from time to time ) it also showed me where I was located on the app too. All without having to open google maps 🤣

This is not so good for wives....

Tracking us on the phone is not so good at all....😄😄

• Haha 1

Could this app work for older cars? for 2017 for instance.

Yes, I sent a p.m.

• Like 1

Installed this app. Connected it to the car, but doesn't show lock/unlock buttons.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Bol said:

Installed this app. Connected it to the car, but doesn't show lock'unlock buttons.

Maybe it works only in cars with start/stop button system.

It only shows the car. Also, it doesn't show tire pressure or other details.

• Sad 1

Just now, Bol said:

It only shows the car. Also, it doesn't show tire pressure or other details.

Then i am afraid is not compatible with your car..

It connects with the car, it shows some information, but it doesn't show what it is mentioned above.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bol said:

It connects with the car, it shows some information, but it doesn't show what it is mentioned above.

Have you entered your VIN somewhere in the app?

Yes. It recognized it. Everything seems fine, but it doesn't show those features.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Bol said:

Yes. It recognized it. Everything seems fine, but it doesn't show those features.

I can not help you...

I am sorry!😔

Tkank you, anyway. Perhaps it only works with start/stop button system

• Like 1

I have a 2018 mk3.5 with start stop and it only shows limited information still. It also only connects with bluetooth when in the car. I think the deciding factor is whether your car has a built in modem module and connects to ford servers. As far as I was aware they were only fitted in mk4 cars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColW said:

I have a 2018 mk3.5 with start stop and it only shows limited information still. It also only connects with Bluetooth when in the car. I think the deciding factor is whether your car has a built in modem module and connects to ford servers. As far as I was aware they were only fitted in mk4 cars.

I think that is the best explanation!!!

Hi Guys, I recommended you try the "Ford Pass Pro" app. you can have both the standard Ford Pass and the Ford Pass Pro installed at the same time. The Pro version seems to work much better and has addtional information such as it tells you if the vehicle is open or locked as soon as you open the app.

It might only work on newer cars but it works fine on my 2019 Mk4 Focus, give it a try and lets know how you got on with it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club