Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 FORScan Tweaks

colinmcg71

1 minute ago, Tizer said:

It's not so much a case of draining the Battery to zero, I believe if the Voltage drops below a certain level then the car can be bricked if you are in the middle of programming something.

Lots of people do what you Intend doing without problems but it is not risk free so it is sensible to lessen the risk as much as you can.

Fair. Getcha. 
Out of interest, has anyone here ever bricked their car???!

Is it a “tow to the main dealer” job?

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

That may be possible but I'd not recommend doing it, as it's not what FORScan is expecting. Also while programming it will ask you to cycle the ignition a number of times. So the short answer is don't do it.

Gotcha 😉 

• Like 1

Why isn't there something in the Forscan software to prevent low-charge module shutdowns while it's running?

I've spent many hours using PP2K, VCDS, Forscan, FoCCCus, ELMConfig, Galetto, MPPS, etc on older cars without ever having the car shut modules down!  Would never have even considered if connecting to the Mk4. :unsure:

12 hours ago, DannG said:

So, do you need codes to do the auto high beam changes? If so, does anybody know what they are for a MK4 focus and do the codes differ per model/year?

Yes and they are different codes for halogen/cheap LED, Fixed LED and adaptive LED headlamps

There are some Focus MK4 spreadsheets on the FORScan Forum, it won't let me upload them here

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Why isn't there something in the Forscan software to prevent low-charge module shutdowns while it's running?

I've spent many hours using PP2K, VCDS, Forscan, FoCCCus, ELMConfig, Galetto, MPPS, etc on older cars without ever having the car shut modules down!  Would never have even considered if connecting to the Mk4. :unsure:

Agreed. VCDS was the badger I used to use  now you mention it. Never had any battery/voltage issues or auto shutting down of the car. 

I do find it odd how this seems to effect Fords. Must be Ford specific…?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DannG said:

Agreed. VCDS was the badger I used to use  now you mention it. Never had any battery/voltage issues or auto shutting down of the car. 

I do find it odd how this seems to effect Fords. Must be Ford specific…?!

Latest generation of Fords are crap tbh.  So many things that seem to be worse than previous generations.  Better not mention too much on that considering this is a Ford forum.  I've done plenty of work on Mk2 & Mk3 Focus's without any battery issues.  I developed a hatred for the Mk4 that's still growing the more I read on here! :laugh: 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DannG said:

That’s a bugger- only bought that Wednesday for £35 🙄

Return it and order another one 😉

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Latest generation of Fords are crap tbh.  So many things that seem to be worse than previous generations.  Better not mention too much on that considering this is a Ford forum.  I've done plenty of work on Mk2 & Mk3 Focus's without any battery issues.  I developed a hatred for the Mk4 that's still growing the more I read on here! :laugh: 

Indeed it does feel like “cost containment” were the key words in the MK4 build meetings.

Joking aside, when I drive my MK3 and then drive my MK4, the MK3 feels much more sturdy…heavier but solid, you know? The MK4 is so light (in general - driving, the doors feel like they are made of paper, when I shut the boot it feels like it will crumple under simply the force used to push it down)…it does make me wonder how much they have taken off the table for the latest builds. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Yes and they are different codes for halogen/cheap LED, Fixed LED and adaptive LED headlamps

There are some Focus MK4 spreadsheets on the FORScan Forum, it won't let me upload them here

Lovely. Thanks I’ll take a gander although don’t fancy it much now I have to keep my battery charged while doing it 😂 

27 minutes ago, DannG said:

Lovely. Thanks I’ll take a gander although don’t fancy it much now I have to keep my battery charged while doing it 😂 

I never charge whilst doing config/coding, just leave the engine running while you're searching/faffing etc then switch off as you're ready to program

31 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I never charge whilst doing config/coding, just leave the engine running while you're searching/faffing etc then switch off as you're ready to program

I was going to do that tbh! 🙂 

Interesting though…just went out and connected for the first time just to do a diag and get my bearings more than anything and it wouldn’t let me run any of the modules due to licensing…I thought it was free?!?

I am running the latest version 2.3.50.

4A911C8F-EBED-4305-82C2-E7BD770F70DA.jpeg

Although it won’t let me run any of the modules I did check for error codes and have 3! The top one I’ve already asked the dealer I bought it from about a few days ago when I used another machine.

Anyone have any ideas on these?

What is weird is the last one…is that related to the camera in the windscreen? If so it’s perfectly clear and nothing in front of it?!?

983383A0-ED9B-4E54-A7CA-C458BB7B2886.jpeg

Just now, unofix said:

You can get a FREE 2 months extended licence

https://forscan.org/support/prepare_trial_el_request.php?lang=en

I did see that…but thought that was for programming additional features as opposed to default. So it’s actually not free then…it’s 2 month trial period.

Obviously not too handy if you wish to add/remove tweaks at will before/after visits to the dealer…guess I’ll have to buy the year license. 

8 minutes ago, DannG said:

Although it won’t let me run any of the modules I did check for error codes and have 3! The top one I’ve already asked the dealer I bought it from about a few days ago when I used another machine.

Anyone have any ideas on these?

What is weird is the last one…is that related to the camera in the windscreen? If so it’s perfectly clear and nothing in front of it?!?

983383A0-ED9B-4E54-A7CA-C458BB7B2886.jpeg

Also what’s the deal with Ford dealers and error codes…

If I go in saying I’ve used FORscan and it’s found 3 errors…are they likely to tell me I shouldn’t be using that or even worse try to void my warranty etc

I guess my question is…how do I tell them to fix these errors without telling them how I know it has those errors? 😂

4 minutes ago, DannG said:

I did see that…but thought that was for programming additional features as opposed to default. So it’s actually not free then…it’s 2 month trial period.

Obviously not too handy if you wish to add/remove tweaks at will before/after visits to the dealer…guess I’ll have to buy the year license. 

There is no limit to the number of times you can request a trial, just renew it every 2 months if you want to.

• Like 2

Ok. Minor progress today. Got it licensed. Loaded the modules…but hit an issue. Two questions:

1. I don’t get an option to take a backup as shown in YouTube videos? Am I being stupid but where is this option? See green circled area…

2. When an item is “Inoperable”, does that mean I cannot enable it? What’s does inoperable mean?

I didn’t make any changes as I couldn’t be sure it was backed up. The only option I have is to backup the log using the “disk icon”.

Thanks!

20098014-A621-449C-B72B-632A9812FE73.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DannG said:

Ok. Minor progress today. Got it licensed. Loaded the modules…but hit an issue. Two questions:

1. I don’t get an option to take a backup as shown in YouTube videos? Am I being stupid but where is this option? See green circled area…

2. When an item is “Inoperable”, does that mean I cannot enable it? What’s does inoperable mean?

I didn’t make any changes as I couldn’t be sure it was backed up. The only option I have is to backup the log using the “disk icon”.

Thanks!

20098014-A621-449C-B72B-632A9812FE73.jpeg

I should also add the backup option also does NOT exist when checking the asbuilt modules either.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

You can only save from the as built format afaik. 

I ended up using a new laptop and doing a fresh install and it sorted it. Just messing now. Still not sure what to do with the functions that show as “Inoperative” though?!

Also, I get this when opening the APIM module - is this a default message or it it saying one of my modules isn’t the correct version?

Im running stock sync 3.4.

41C3AE70-7D99-4DC1-A271-A4162AAD80A8.jpeg

29 minutes ago, DannG said:

Also, I get this when opening the APIM module - is this a default message or it it saying one of my modules isn’t the correct version?

Im running stock sync 3.4.

41C3AE70-7D99-4DC1-A271-A4162AAD80A8.jpeg

Took a backup and went for it. Default message. Made the changes as per the first post. All looking good 👌🏻

• 6 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 3:52 PM, DaveT70 said:

Just to add, APIM does not show up on Focus MK4 with some leads on Forscan, mine didn't show up until I bought the OBDLink EX.

If it doesn't show up, delete the profile, disconnect the battery for 10 mins and start again

Has anyone found out how to activate the climate changes on cars without the APIM? I have a 2020 focus with sync 3 but can't get the APIM to show up in forscan despite disconnecting the battery, and deleting the profile in forscan. I am using a Vlinker FS

1 hour ago, cttime said:

Has anyone found out how to activate the climate changes on cars without the APIM? I have a 2020 focus with sync 3 but can't get the APIM to show up in forscan despite disconnecting the battery, and deleting the profile in forscan. I am using a Vlinker FS

Just go onto FORScan forums and make sure you have the lead connection settings set OK, then delete and retry again.

If that still does not work, then I would contact FORScan team with logs, they may be able to help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club