Do Not Sell My Personal Information

140 Bhp or is it?

Mad1

Hi, about a year ago I bought an st line fiesta ecoboost 140. Have a few questions about it and wondered if anyone here has any answers. 

Can you look under the bonnet and tell the difference between the 3 different bhp models of the ecoboost engines? If not then what other ways can you tell which model you have? 

When I look up the number plate of the car it says 140bhp, same with the DVLA database. However, the Ford plate on the inside of the door pillar says 123 bhp. The car is one owner from new and is hpi clear with no previous accidents. It also says 140 bhp on the V5 document. How is this possible? 

Considering chipping the car, does it matter what the starting bhp is and how do the chipping programmes differ between the different bhp’s? 

Many thanks

There's some slight differences between the 100/125 and the 140 engine, but nothing that's going to make a difference on a basic remap.

The remap companies don't care what your starting hp is for the 1.0L ecoboost.

14 hours ago, Mad1 said:

When I look up the number plate of the car it says 140bhp, same with the DVLA database. However, the Ford plate on the inside of the door pillar says 123 bhp. The car is one owner from new and is hpi clear with no previous accidents. It also says 140 bhp on the V5 document. How is this possible? 

Seems odd. Mine says 103kw and 140ps on the door pillar. You could do a rough check on the gearing, which is lower on the 140. Speeds in each gear (according to various magazine road tests) per 1,000 rpm for the 140 are:

1 - 4.84 (5.4) 2 -8.45 (9.5), 3 - 12.99 (14.5), 4 - 17.59 (19.6) 5 - 21.94 (24.6), 6 - 26.16 (29.3)

(Bracketed figures are for the 125)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club