Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EMERALD TAILGATE STRUTS

Midgeman

Has anyone fitted Emerald Tailgate Struts to a MK 4 Focus and if so would you recommend them??

They are nice idea but I have heard using struts beyond the OEM specification can deform the tailgate and can cause the window to shatter in the worst case.

6 hours ago, Midgeman said:

Has anyone fitted Emerald Tailgate Struts to a MK 4 Focus and if so would you recommend them??

No is my answer to both. I did post a thread a while back but like a numpty forgot to update it.

We ordered the struts, they arrived in one piece in a box marked " Mk4 Focus" after some on here mentioned about possible excess stress on the tailgate hinges brackets and locking mechanism we took them to the brother in laws garage.

This is when we found they didn't actually fit as the end bit is not angled slightly like the originals are and also the hole that the stud attached to the tailgate wasnt the same diameter so again it wouldn't fit. His advice was not to fit them as even if they had the angle is incorrect to begin with.

Ended up into a dispute with Emerald struts over the product itself as it point blank did not fit and they refused a refund initially after ignoring emails etc etc si ended up opening a dispute claim via eBay to get a refund of the price of the product only.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, F0CUE said:

They are nice idea but I have heard using struts beyond the OEM specification can deform the tailgate and can cause the window to shatter in the worst case.

That's exactly the advice I got when I asked here when thinking of buying them for my Mk2 last year! On reflection, it's really not that difficult to lift the tailgate yourself. I would really only recommend if you have a specific disability that makes this simple task beyond you...

• Like 1

Oddly today I opened the boot to put some power tools in the help me with the daughters decking issues and the struts were creaking quite bad. It was fine yesterday. No sign of any issue with the struts so a spray and wipe down with WD40 on the struts and hinges seems to of done the trick.

Thank you all for the replies will give them a wide berth especially as they do not appear to be a company that likes to listen to its customers concerns.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club