Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sync 3 and Map updates available on Ford account website

SteveP1041

20 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

F10 is the latest map and 21194 is the latest version of Sync, so you seem to be up to date.

It also appears that you were up to date before you installed whatever was on the USB stick this time. The updates contain several files and it is possible to get into a position where only some of them have been updated. Perhaps your latest install has updated voice files or Gracenote which wouldn't change the map or software version numbers.

If the Ford site says that you are up to date after you uploaded the xml file then you will have the latest versions of all the parts of the Sync and map software.

That is what I thought, but for some reason I don't trust everything that Ford tell me about all this.

It seems a very hit and miss process!!

All peace for now, until the next Sync update or..... F11 maps????

On 9/19/2021 at 6:33 PM, Alex.S said:

Anyone managed to get this 2.6GB update OTA ? 
Also with OTA downloads do I have to get a log file? Like with USB method? I forget. 

just checked and im on sync 21194 and f10 maps so it must have done it over the air as the last time i done an update was  easter bank holiday unless these where around then 

2 minutes ago, rob01792 said:

just checked and im on sync 21194 and f10 maps so it must have done it over the air as the last time i done an update was  easter bank holiday unless these where around then 

I’ve noticed a few owners on here getting OTA updates without realising. Personally I got a map update OTA over a week of starting the engine on my driveway ,it’d connect for a few minutes after turning engine off. But I’ve used USB last few times as the car wasn’t auto downloading even with a wifi signal. Only a couple of years ago a lot of owners were saying OTA doesn’t work. I think it’s improved , it’s definitely the future. 

Hi guys quick question

have a Ford Focus 2017 titanium and have sync 3 version 3.0 build 20204 and maps F10 but some people have said I should be on 3.4 for sync ?

but there are no updates for me on my Ford account 

Ford maintain the version 3.0 and 3.4 strands of Sync separately, they will not offer you an upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4 but they do continue to offer map updates. F10 is the latest map version for both.

It is possible to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4 using Cyanlabs, an unofficial route not supported by Ford. If you do this you will also be relying on Cyanlabs for future upgrades as the Ford website won't expect you to have version 3.4 and will not offer you upgrades for it. I can't see any advantage in doing this myself. 

Thanks for reply I think I'll stay on 3.0 then as I don't want to do anything unofficial glad I'm upto date on maps then 👍 ty

I’ve updated to 21194 via the Ford site. 
everything works except no radio logos at all,and when you select the station list it just says “station is not available”. The radio works and presets work etc, you just can’t see a list anymore of stations on the DAB multiplex. Anyone else have this issue?

B298C673-6869-4430-9C9C-D15A16B79C21.thumb.jpeg.9dc2231e27c2a0c52cb52b158b1715dd.jpeg

Have you done a key cycle after getting the message update complete?  When my 21194 update completed I didn't have any radio logos (or GPS) though I didn't look at the station list.  All was well after turning off ignition, getting out of car, locking doors, waiting two minutes then getting back in and restarting.

17 minutes ago, Tolly said:

Have you done a key cycle after getting the message update complete?  When my 21194 update completed I didn't have any radio logos (or GPS) though I didn't look at the station list.  All was well after turning off ignition, getting out of car, locking doors, waiting two minutes then getting back in and restarting.

I left it a minute or so I guess. 
This was my first update since getting the car 2 years ago so the interface is totally new looking since the update (so the whole look has changed for me). I will try again in the morning in case it just takes a while to fully kick in?

25 minutes ago, Darrenmcfc said:

I left it a minute or so I guess. 
This was my first update since getting the car 2 years ago so the interface is totally new looking since the update (so the whole look has changed for me). I will try again in the morning in case it just takes a while to fully kick in?

Worth a try.  I can't remember if everything was good straight after restarting or if it took a minute or so.  The instructions say the USB stick should be removed at this stage.  Good luck.

Missing Radio Logos were very common about 6 to 9 months ago. There is a seperate file that contains the logos and there was a period when for some reason this often got missed when the updates were done.

Also there is/was a bug in the software that if you have the station "scroll" turned on then the station details don't alway come up. Turning that feature off for a day or so seems to fix the problem.

Thanks both. Turns out I was being impatient. Just started the car again and  most logos (including some new ones) and station lists are now there. 

wish I could add the still missing logos (eg BBC 5 live) but understand the format of the img file is unknown 

thanks again

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club