Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headrest tilt adjust on 2020 Focus Titanium?

Pete_S
聽Share

We test drove a 2020 plate titanium during the week from a dealer about an hour from us. On the drive I found the headrest quite close to my head and a bit uncomfortable. Googling during the week, I found some (US?) Ford videos showing how to tilt the headrest forwards and back although I googled Ford's online manual for the headrest and it mentioned up and down movement only. Can anyone confirm if you can adjust the tilt forwards and backwards at all. Would be grateful of assistance as I have some neck pain problems. Thank you. 馃檪

56 minutes ago, Pete_S said:

We test drove a 2020 plate titanium during the week from a dealer about an hour from us. On the drive I found the headrest quite close to my head and a bit uncomfortable. Googling during the week, I found some (US?) Ford videos showing how to tilt the headrest forwards and back although I googled Ford's online manual for the headrest and it mentioned up and down movement only. Can anyone confirm if you can adjust the tilt forwards and backwards at all. Would be grateful of assistance as I have some neck pain problems. Thank you. 馃檪

Hi Pete,

I don鈥檛 have the Titanium but I鈥檝e just checked my mk4 ST and the only headrest adjustment I have is up and down. No tilt back and forward.

Cheers,

Col

• Like 1

Just now, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Pete,

I don鈥檛 have the Titanium but I鈥檝e just checked my mk4 ST and the only headrest adjustment I have is up and down. No tilt back and forward.

Cheers,

Col

Cheers Col, Many thanks.

• Like 1

Hi, I have the 2019 Titanium X and confirm that there is only up/down adjustment.

As I understand it under European/UK regulations the tilt adjustment was removed many years ago. They are classified as 'Head Restraints' and form part of the occupant restraint system in terms of reducing or eliminating whiplash injuries.

Because of the stupid amount of insurance claims in europe and the UK for whiplash injuries the head restraints are design so that no matter how badley adjusted they are they will prevent your head moving backwards in an accident.

Of course in the USA they don't worry about such things as in the event of an accident it is a God given right to sue for everything plus a bit, so the head restraints are just head rests and you can adjust them as badly as you like with no worries.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club