Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford pass deep sleep

Andyr55

‘FordPass(TM) Connect has entered Deep Sleep mode to conserve battery energy. Remote features including start/stop and lock/unlock may be temporarily unavailable because your battery charge level is low.’

i have just charged the battery yet this message appears Immediately after I turn car off!! 

any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

ANYONE?

Drive the car more! :tongue:  

I guess it's possible that the battery is already weak...  I know you got the car soon after build but I wonder how long the battery was in storage before that.  Is there still a date stamp on Ford batteries?  The alternative is that something isn't shutting down properly and causing a battery drain.  As the battery has never gone flat so far, it would presumably be something that's switched off under deep-sleep, such as the wifi modem thing.

In car wifi turned off as don’t use anyway see if things improve?!

Ford pass is a pile of tosh at best. I had the solar charger plugged in yesterday via the OBD port to trickle charge whilst ar work. The car was in the carpark as normal. Parked up at 0730 and got 3 alerts at 11:15 and a further 2 alerts at 1425 to say the boot and drivers doors had been opened....they hadn't as I was sat 50m away from it having my breaks. 

Unfortunately I do not get any security alerts or location advice as the car is 'deep sleep' 

pretty useless really.

have opened a case with Ford Pass to see if they can help.

my local Ford dealer wants £150 to investigate.

3 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

my local Ford dealer wants £150 to investigate.

Now, if that came with a money back guarantee in that if they can't diagnose the fault, and you get a refund, may be worth it. Otherwise, I'll open your bonnet for you and charge you only £100 🤣

Investigating on the www it appears this is a widely known issue.

there are comments around a software ‘patch’ to resolve this deep sleep issue.

anyone with this problem received a dealer resolution?

im booked in Tuesday 

The modem has its own battery. So even if you’ve charged the 12v it still needs journeys for the modem to charge itself. 

Oh! Sad times….. looks like im stuck in deep sleep!

2 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Oh! Sad times….. looks like im stuck in deep sleep!

You just have to wait for your handsome Prince to come along and kiss you...🤣

As long as the Prince is called ‘Trust Ford’……..

• Haha 2

I've only seen this on mine when it's been at the dealer for a week.

4 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I've only seen this on mine when it's been at the dealer for a week.

I'm guessing any one of us forced to spend a week in a Ford Dealership would fall into a deep sleep 🤣

• Haha 1

I have a 2020 Fusion Hybrid that started going into Deep Sleep mode every time the car was turned off starting in March.  I have been told that service bulletin SSM 49795 is outstanding for the problem.  It is a software issue and a fix was supposed to be ready late June or early July, but I have not yet seen or heard anything about it being available yet.  I was told that it should be an over the air update that will apply automatically, but the documentation also said that an appointment may have to be made with a dealer to apply the fix and the folks at FordPass told me to follow up with my dealer to determine when it is available and to plan for the application once it is available.

No mention of this at my dealer. After dealer removing the battery all the modems etc were reset and at the moment the ac issue and deep sleep has gone away. 

see how long it lasts.

8 hours ago, Fusion owner2 said:

I have a 2020 Fusion Hybrid that started going into Deep Sleep mode every time the car was turned off starting in March.  I have been told that service bulletin SSM 49795 is outstanding for the problem.  It is a software issue and a fix was supposed to be ready late June or early July, but I have not yet seen or heard anything about it being available yet.  I was told that it should be an over the air update that will apply automatically, but the documentation also said that an appointment may have to be made with a dealer to apply the fix and the folks at FordPass told me to follow up with my dealer to determine when it is available and to plan for the application once it is available.

Can you share if you receive and updates on this?

my dealer is terrible at applying or knowledge of SSM messages. 

Well my dealer fully charged the battery on Tuesday last. 

today the car is back in deep sleep mode!! 

• Sad 1

Got a new battery on mine yesterday for deep sleep 24 hours later it's gone to sleep and battery  volts at 12.1 don't know what volts it should be?

4 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Got a new battery on mine yesterday for deep sleep 24 hours later it's gone to sleep and battery  volts at 12.1 don't know what volts it should be?

At 'rest', should be about 12.6V, when engine running, should be 13.7v - 14.7v.

Thanks new battery showing same volts a the old one which is strange never dropped below 12.1 even if I left it for a week.

It's ironic that all these features designed to be 'green' and pander to the tree huggers, usually result in the poor owner throwing away a perfectly good battery, and buying a new one in an attempt to get their car to work (start/stop, deep sleep etc etc) 🤣

I’m hoping Ford Uk will release service bulletin SSM 49795 soon which appears to be a fix

Hope so been out in my car for a 50 mile drive today and 2 minutes after getting out and locking deep sleep came up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club