Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Identify Head Unit

ris001

Sorry, posted a picture but no message!

I have recently purchased a 2010 Mondeo Estate to join my 2016 Fiesta.

The head unit seems a complete mistery to me. I am hoping that someone might recognise it.

It shows a FORD logo when the engine starts up but is not mentioned in any of the literature I have.

It's an aftermarket android unit. Companies from China such as Pumpkin, Eonon, Xtrons and Joyring make these. They all look exactly the same (and are probably spat out of the same factory).

• Like 1

Just to hijack this thread a little... Do these units switch on quickly i.e. not going through a boot up from power off each time you switch the ignition on? I'm asking as I had one a few years ago in my Octavia, it was ok but took ages for the thing to start up. bluetooth was flaky also, sometimes I had to force the phone to connect. And it got quite slow after a few months. I gave up on it in the end and stuck in a Kenwood in the end.  I'm just wondering if the situation has changed/improved over the last 2-3 years?

On 7/1/2021 at 4:53 PM, Grandric said:

Just to hijack this thread a little... Do these units switch on quickly i.e. not going through a boot up from power off each time you switch the ignition on? I'm asking as I had one a few years ago in my Octavia, it was ok but took ages for the thing to start up. Bluetooth was flaky also, sometimes I had to force the phone to connect. And it got quite slow after a few months. I gave up on it in the end and stuck in a Kenwood in the end.  I'm just wondering if the situation has changed/improved over the last 2-3 years?

The newer generations of Android head unit can power on in less than 3 seconds, it just depends what setting is chosen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club