Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updating Sync3 Maps

Clamfather

The fordpass website advised I needed to update my Maps. Downloaded the software, extracted to 32gb stick drive. SyncMyRide and autoinstall files were there. Went to car plugged in to usb socket. Stick was recognised and Software update message appeared to be followed by Fail. Also quoted was MEM_ERRO1. Tried three more times with the same result. Contacted Ford and now await a Case manager's call. My settings show my Maps as being F9. Anyone else with the same experience or advice?

MEM_ERROR1 means no space to copy. I assume the 32Gb stick drive is formatted and just contains the required files?

Have you tried a smaller stick drive, Ford recommend larger than 4Gb but some systems don't like 32Gb. Can you try a 16Gb?

I update my car by allowing it to connect to my home network, not the quickest but so far it works.

Or you can try this: https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3-updater/

SYNC_3_USB-Update-Guide.pdf

56 minutes ago, DieselPig said:

Ford recommend larger than 4Gb

I'm pleased they recommend using larger than 4Gb, the latest updates including the F10 maps is just under 18Gb for a lot of people. Maybe Ford should consider breaking the file updates in to multiple smaller files ? Another fantastic thing would be the ability not to have to install maps for countries that I will never need !!

• Like 1

Thanks for the information unofix and DieselPig. I am using a HP 32g stick drive which after extracting the download to it shows 20.8gb free from 28.9gb. Will try a 16gb drive tomorrow. I agree about the maps issue and wish they offered a choice UK only or Europe. My old handheld SatNav offered that.

• Like 1

I'm puzzled, people are talking about F10 maps and I loaded the latest map update yesterday and when I checked after it had loaded it said it was version F9.

1 hour ago, billyboy said:

F10 maps

The F10 map update has been out for quite some months now. It was first released on the Cyan Labs site (yes it is the real genuine Ford updates), then last month Ford started to make the update available on their own site. Maybe so as not to have everyone trying to download all at once it seems like it is being "rolled out" to all users.

After you did your recent update did you send the the Log file back to the Ford site ?

If the F10 map does not become available to you in the next couple of days from the Ford site I would just download the update from Cyan Labs, who's system is better and easier to use than the Ford site.

https://cyanlabs.net/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update. Ford care Manger advised that the 'Tech' people were making me a priority. Nothing by Tuesday evening so I thought lets have a look at the Ford Dashboard. Saw that the new download had a new reference number and that the file size had increased from 8gb last week to 23gb. Took 4 hours to download and 2 hours to transfer to 32gb stick. Plugged into the car and lo and behold it worked and after 2 hours it was updated. Finally heard from Ford after I told them I had it sorted , no thanks to the Tech Guys. I hope the dope who failed to check he had uploaded the file correctly has his own file updated.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just realised that I had forgotten to advise of the outcome to the problem. I waited a few days  for a response from Ford and then decided to log on to check the Ford site. I noticed the reference number for the maps update had a changed and the file size had increased considerably. Downloaded the file and inserted the usb. Lo and behold it stared to download so off we went for a ride as it went about its business. All worked and the map was updated. It would appear that some techie nerd within Ford forget to check that he had successfully uploaded all the relevant files. I had to contact to Ford to tell them that everything was now working. Offered some compensation in the form of a free service. Would have preferred to speak to somebody in the Tech department to let them know that they need to follow the old carpenter's rule - Measure twice and cut once.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club