Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP - LEFT SIDE ELECTRICS NOT WORKING

onelove89

Hi all, so I’ve recently bought a 2005 ford fiesta zetec and all seemed to be good with it (apart from the suspension breaking lol).

Only problem is that the left side Speakers are extremely faint/ a negligible amount of sound comes out of them, even when the fader is entirely on the LHS AND the left / passenger side electric window does not always work. 

If 2 people fiddle around with both window controls you can sometimes get it to move but it’s not reliable. The driver side electric window / Speakers are working fine, so am I right in thinking it therefore can’t be a fuse issue? 

I’ve taken the door panel off, and everything looks brand new (the car has only done 37K miles). 

Can anyone help!! 

Hello Tom, welcome to the Ford Owners Club

I think the speaker and window problem are probably unrelated. If both front and rear left Speakers are very quiet then its probably to do with the radio system. If your lucky it may just be the connector in the back.

If the window sometimes works then it can't be a fuse. When you do get it to move down does it go back up easy or is that still a problem?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, unofix said:

Hello Tom, welcome to the Ford Owners Club

I think the speaker and window problem are probably unrelated. If both front and rear left speakers are ver quiet then its probably to do with the radio system. If your lucky it may just be the connector in the back.

If the window sometimes works then it can't be a fuse. When you do get it to move down does it go back up easy or is that still a problem?

hi thanks for the reply. 

Yes it’s both the front and rear Speakers i think (i will check now), so i will look at the connector.

And no it’s really touch & go and we can’t work out any pattern as to what we are doing prior to the window moving

16 minutes ago, onelove89 said:

And no it’s really touch & go and we can’t work out any pattern as to what we are doing prior to the window moving

If your up to a bit of testing then disconnect the wires to the window motor inside the door. Make yourself a 12V test lamp using a 21W bulb and connect it to the wires that went to the motor. Check and see if the lamp lights full brightness when you press either of the switches. If the lamp works, then the motor must be at fault. If the lamp does not light (or is dim) then the fault is the control or switch.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

If your up to a bit of testing then disconnect the wires to the window motor inside the door. Make yourself a 12V test lamp using a 21W bulb and connect it to the wires that went to the motor. Check and see if the lamp lights full brightness when you press either of the switches. If the lamp works, then the motor must be at fault. If the lamp does not light (or is dim) then the fault is the control or switch.

I did have the panel off yesterday, but does the fact that neither the driver or passenger side controls reliably control the window mean that it can’t be the passenger side switch? 

The drivers side switch is the 'Master' so a fault with that would mean both switches would not work. Also the switches don't control the window motor direct, depending on your car (3 door or 5 door) the windows are controlled by the BCM or the Door Control Module.

It’s a 5door, I’ve bought replacement switches cos I got them really cheaply on eBay so will see if they fix the problem. Idk if i said before but the driver side window is fine. Thanks for your help! 

UPDATE *******

Bought replacement window switches & now everything’s working 🙂 

Speakers are still a problem 

Hi Tom, pleased you got the windows fixed.

Have you had the stereo out of the car to look at the connections ? If everything looks Ok then I would spend a little time and carefully swap the right and left speaker connections over on the stereo and see if the fault changes side.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club