Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 St-Line Remap

Dylan1827

Anyone remapped a mk8 125ps st-line, best place and how was the map?

Not many have remapped a Mk 8, couple of threads here on remapping which may be of interest. They primarily relate to the 100 but the remappers  are the same.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/112602-fiesta-st-line-remap/#comments

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/106406-best-remap-for-10ecoboost-100bhp/

2 hours ago, Dylan1827 said:

Anyone remapped a mk8 125ps st-line, best place and how was the map?

Is your car still under warranty?

If it is you will have to be careful about which map you use.

Are you also aware a remap will probably increase your insurance premium also?

• Like 1

My broadband crashed (perhaps because of thunderstorms!)  before I could finish my earlier post but I had intended to make similar points to Martin.

Even with a remap you still do not have the car you originally wanted (different gearing) and end up with a modified car which could cost more to insure than a standard 140.

My thoughts would be if you are happy with the car otherwise, take the free service and put the cash offered towards your next one when you do eventually change.

If not, they sold you the wrong car, they should supply you with what you ordered (plenty of 140s out there) or offer a full refund.

Sorry, I feel responsible for suggesting a remap, albeit with a tongue in cheek reply. :unsure: 

I agree with the others, if you really are chasing the power, you'd be better off handing the car back and looking for an actual 140 instead.  However, if the 125 is the best condition car you can find for your budget, it might be better to stick with that than take a rougher 140.

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Sorry, I feel responsible for suggesting a remap, albeit with a tongue in cheek reply. :unsure: 

I agree with the others, if you really are chasing the power, you'd be better off handing the car back and looking for an actual 140 instead.  However, if the 125 is the best condition car you can find for your budget, it might be better to stick with that than take a rougher 140.

Yes paid 12k for it 18 plate 14k miles on the clock, the cheapest 140 out there in the same colour way is now well 13k with loads of miles.

Just now, Dylan1827 said:

Yes paid 12k for it 18 plate 14k miles on the clock, the cheapest 140 out there in the same colour way is now well 13k with loads of miles.

*well over 13k*

37 minutes ago, Dylan1827 said:

Don't know what exact spec you are looking for (ST-Line or S-Line X, 3 or 5 door) but a quick look on AutoTrader brought up quite a few 18 and 68 plate 140 ST-Ls, several at EH dealerships (I believe they will move them around), with under 13k miles, less than £13k, such as this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105122508725?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&make=FORD&price-to=14000&fuel-type=Petrol&model=FIESTA&sort=relevance&year-to=2021&postcode=ls268rn&advertising-location=at_cars&max-engine-power=150&transmission=Manual&year-from=2018&aggregatedTrim=ST-Line&radius=1500&maximum-mileage=15000&min-engine-power=100&page=3

Hi.

If you have any issues with insurance at all for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

On 8/6/2021 at 5:20 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't know what exact spec you are looking for (ST-Line or S-Line X, 3 or 5 door) but a quick look on AutoTrader brought up quite a few 18 and 68 plate 140 ST-Ls, several at EH dealerships (I believe they will move them around), with under 13k miles, less than £13k, such as this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105122508725?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&make=FORD&price-to=14000&fuel-type=Petrol&model=FIESTA&sort=relevance&year-to=2021&postcode=ls268rn&advertising-location=at_cars&max-engine-power=150&transmission=Manual&year-from=2018&aggregatedTrim=ST-Line&radius=1500&maximum-mileage=15000&min-engine-power=100&page=3

I'd rather put my man vegetables in a blender than deal with EH!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, FatHead1979 said:

I'd rather put my man vegetables in a blender than deal with EH!

Lol. Mentioned EH because OP's  car (which he was in a quandary about) came from there -  his other thread refers:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/128288-confused-about-the-speed-of-my-st-line/

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club