Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Fiesta Rear tail light issues

Banksy16v

Afternoon,

I recently bought a 2018 Fiesta for commuting to work with, someone noticed my rear nearside brake light wasnt working, with this my tail light too, I replaced all the bulbs easily enough with LEDS from autobeam but I have noticed that the rear taillight does not illuminate, only when I am breaking.

Does anyone have a solution to this, because its clearly not the bulb

TIA

• 1 month later...

Hi mate, 

Having this issue with my mums ST Line, I'm suspecting it needs a tail lamp unit.  I just changed the bulb and I'm still only getting brake lights working. Did you get this remedied? 

J

• 1 year later...

Was the issue with the rear light fixed? If so, what was the issue because my 2018 fiesta is doing the same. Changed the bulb but still not working. 

• Sad 1

I have just come across the same issue. New bulb acts the same as the old bulb. Brake lights work but no tail light. 

If you are using the correct bulb ( don't assume, check,) then the bulb is probably incorrectly fitted. See whether the bayonet pins are staggered.

'Ang on a minute! You fitted LEDs and it doesn't work? Try going back to bulbs. LEDs are polarity conscious and if the bayonet offset is not there, it would be likely that it has been fitted in reverse and might work if rotated half a turn and refitted. If not, try a bulb from the other light in both orientations. If that doesn't work, then the  bulb contact probably needs bending up to make contact with the bulb. A meter helps.

I have investigated further and checked the contacts, it appears that the bulb holder is a fault. 

The buld is correctly seated in my case. 

Have ordered replacement holders for about £19 will let update when they arrive/fitted. 

• 10 months later...

My 2018 Fiesta had just started doing this too. 

Has anyone found a definitive solution to what appears to be a not isolated issue? 

• 1 month later...

Well today I changed the wiring loom in the rear light unit and problem solved! 

Removing the light unit is worst bit, followed by getting it fastened back in place. Stupid design, imho. Not user friendly anyway. 

The part number is 2112 572. Cost £18.68. Only available from your Ford dealer which you have to visit to collect, they don't post stuff out. V annoying as my nearest dealer is an hour away... 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club