Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'll start then!

Ford Owners' Club

Looking at the above banner, got me thinking of a potential beer shortage.
Lack of transportation.....I'm sure this will resolve over time.
Lack of Co2 to dispense Lager from the pumps......I'll drink Real Ales then.
Lack of Hops, now I'm getting worried!

Oh god!!! What has happened to this world?  

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

Whisky or rum Trev, has to be neat as no Co2 for the coke.

either or, can take it neat as long as with ice

• Thanks 1

Sorry to spoil the party, but wondering if any has, or is considering a "domestic wind turbine" ?

From what I'm reading you don't need planning permission for a small turbine even if you live in the middle of a housing estate. It looks like a 7kW turbine is about £1000 to buy, of course it needs all the invererts and cables to go. I'm thinking it might be a possible idea.

Whats the toughts of people about sticking a mini turbine in your garden (or on the roof) ?

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Sorry to spoil the party, but wondering if any has, or is considering a "domestic wind turbine" ?

From what I'm reading you don't need planning permission for a small turbine even if you live in the middle of a housing estate. It looks like a 7kW turbine is about £1000 to buy, of course it needs all the invererts and cables to go. I'm thinking it might be a possible idea.

Whats the toughts of people about sticking a mini turbine in your garden (or on the roof) ?

I've seen one that the owner has painted to look like an Aeroplane, makes me smile every time I see it.

It must be an old one because it has been there for years and is on a house in the middle of nowhere (the Lang Wang for any locals) so might have been put there out of necessity rather than any other reason and it is in one of the windiest areas in central Scotland so it might make economic sense also.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unofix said:

it would be a nice little project which would pay back some of the investment over a period of time aswell as keep you more sustainable during power outages; which is also going to be on the horizon moving forward as weather impacts on equipment and shortages of HGV etc.

But for now; I would try to find someone whom has one currently in operation; that is of similar size to the one your interested in purchasing; perhaps your local independent garden centre has one; 

There quite noisy when up close and the noise tends to increase over time with the deterioration of bearings in the turbine motor/generator,

Solar panels might be a good discreet alternative. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Solar panels might be a good discreet alternative

Hi Lenny, I have experiance of solar panels and they are not all that they are made out to be. The panels start to fail by the time they are 10 years old and the issues with roof maintenance can be a big problem. It the north east of England decent sun light is not something that can be relied upon (unlike wind !) also I would need panels on the front and rear since my house is split 50/50 between the morning and afternoon sun.

I have seen videos etc. of the vertical type of wind tubine which are surposed to be quiet and not need a lot of wind. They will of course have there own problems when compared to solar but given the recent increase of electricity prices a 7kW wind turbine could recover the cost in about 4/5 years so it maybe cost effective so long as the reliability is there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club

Forums

News

Membership