Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 update. AA missing

chiefuno

Hi guys.

I just updated my 2017 Ford edge Sync 3 to version 3.

After doing this I noticed that android auto has disappeared from the screen

Before the update I couldn't get android auto to work with my fully updated OnePlus 6T McLaren or the girlfriends Samsung S21.

Now AA is completely gone... I've looked in all settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I've found that when I did a factory reset once android auto disappeared, however when I plugged the phone in it came back.

Have you tried plugging the phone in?

Yeah I've tried everything as I could possibly do but still nothing

Ford Denmark told me to re-download the latest update, but I can´t do that, as I´ve already uploaded the logfile, so it says my system is all up-to-date

44 minutes ago, chiefuno said:

Ford Denmark told me to re-download the latest update, but I can´t do that, as I´ve already uploaded the logfile

Then fix the problem by down loading from Cyanlabs. They are the exact same Ford files just supplied from an independant server.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/windows-automated-method-update-to-3-4/

A lot easier to use than the Ford site

I HAVE A FORD EDGE 2017 WITH SYNC 2 AND WANT TO UPDATE THE SAT NAV ANY HEPL WOULD BE GOOD REGARDS

5 hours ago, PAULWW999 said:

I HAVE A FORD EDGE 2017 WITH SYNC 2 AND WANT TO UPDATE THE SAT NAV ANY HEPL WOULD BE GOOD REGARDS

If you mean maps, Sync 2 maps are on an SD card. You can buy a new map card at various locations including eBay

On 10/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, unofix said:

Then fix the problem by down loading from Cyanlabs. They are the exact same Ford files just supplied from an independant server.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/windows-automated-method-update-to-3-4/

A lot easier to use than the Ford site

thnx...will give it a go :)

you sure its not sunc 3?

Mine is 2017 model with sync 3

On 10/6/2021 at 8:25 AM, Edge of Reason said:

If you mean maps, Sync 2 maps are on an SD card. You can buy a new map card at various locations including eBay. 

you sure its not sunc 3?

Mine is 2017 model with sync 3

Only the first UK Ford Edges were sync 2.  I got mine in Jan 17 and it was sync 3.  There may have still been sync 2 equipped stock registered in 2017 though I suppose. Easy to check the about page on the sync screen.  

20 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Only the first UK Ford Edges were sync 2.  I got mine in Jan 17 and it was sync 3.  There may have still been sync 2 equipped stock registered in 2017 though I suppose. Easy to check the about page on the sync screen.  

Mine was built the first week in August 2016 and it was in the first EU/UK batch of Sync 3 builds. I'm surprised there was still unsold stock in 2017 of the pre August (Sync2) built cars (unless they were the demonstrators) as available stock was pretty sparse when I ordered mine in June 2016. Had to be scheduled on the production line and wasn't delivered and registered until the first week Dec 2016.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club