Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MOT Advice

Maharaja King

I am new in UK and not much familiar with MOT rules 

just bought a Ford Mondeo , and brought for full service + Mot and MOT was failed with some major Advisory ,(Attached PIC MOT-1) Garage quote me 315pound to repair clear the MOT. 

I told not to repair , later some I repair myself and some I get repair from formal Mechanic near my house.  That cost me only 100pound. 

I bring again another Garage to do MOT again after 15 days and was expected that to pass MOT with NO advisory ... but this make more worst and fail again with 20 advisory with 7 Major (Attached Photo MOT 2 ).. 

How can be with in 15 days so much difference ??  really nightmare .. and shocking  .. 😣😣

when ask him they previous MOT is wrong .. might never do properly ... 🙄

First garage said my headlight beam aim is not correct - I get repaired and adjust as per legal requirement but second still failed and even added the lamp is not compatible 

First garage from wiper nor clear effectively - I replace with new wiper  but second garage still put in major defect 

MOT 1.jpg

mot 2.jpg

Edited by Maharaja King
add some detail

I would not pay much attention to Advisories, everything wears as soon as the car leaves the factory and if they are not in a state that demands a fail then they are just noted and something to keep an eye on throughout the next year. I had my last car until it was 10 years old and it was tested by the same Tester every year and every year I had advisories for two or three suspension components. I never changed any of them but the next year I would get two or three Advisories for suspension components, but not necessarily the same ones as last year!. 

As for your car it looks like someone has changed the Headlights for ones that are not standard and/or not fitted them correctly. I'm not sure about the other things, they may have went bad in that 15 days.

There is an appeals process but I'm not sure what that involves and what the legal position is regarding driving the car. There must be some information about that on the government MOT site. 

@Tizer

so should I bring back to old garage and do MOT again ? 

I will replace new Bulb of head lights.

I have checked in GOV website about appeal and send them appeal form hope its successful. 

Thank you so much of you reply , really appreciated 🙏

If you gave a broken Spring and dust covers missing from suspension joints then these need fixed along with the other failed items. O can't offer any advice about where to take it for a retest or whether to appeal.

• Like 2

If you post a picture of the parts the garage says are an MOT fail, then we may be able to confirm if they're good or bad.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club