Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk3 2.0 TDCi coolant level

F0CUE

When looking at my coolant level when cold it's at the minimum level. is this normal on the TDCi or will it need topped up? And can I be sure the coolant I get will match or would it be safer to drain and top up? I have no overheating issues and AC works 100%. I just have slight OCD 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F0CUE said:

When looking at my coolant level when cold it's at the minimum level. is this normal on the TDCi or will it need topped up? And can I be sure the coolant I get will match or would it be safer to drain and top up? I have no overheating issues and AC works 100%. I just have slight OCD 🤣

Good morning my friend!

I am an owner of a MK4 FOCUS ECOBLUE (DIESEL) and i topped it up yesterday, due to a trip i had to make.

Use only Ford's recommended liquids even if it is the engine coolant.

I bought 1 litre of Ford engine coolant for 8,50€. It is concentrated so you have to mix it with 3 litres of purified water, or use it (for a very little amount of it) as it is.

There is nothing wrong i think as soon as the coolant tanks are clear with no soot or soapsuds!!!

Have a nice day!!!

6 hours ago, F0CUE said:

... And can I be sure the coolant I get will match or would it be safer to drain and top up?

This item is handy to keep in your garage, it's compatible with ALL different coolant systems so you don't have to worry about that exact issue, should satisfy your OCD too! Not expensive, & usually available on offer at Tesco.

prestone.thumb.jpeg.8c0e73fbd475296f97bd20ada01978b2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StephenFord said:

This item is handy to keep in your garage, it's compatible with ALL different coolant systems so you don't have to worry about that exact issue, should satisfy your OCD too! Not expensive, & usually available on offer at Tesco.

prestone.thumb.jpeg.8c0e73fbd475296f97bd20ada01978b2.jpeg

Thanks I have seen that about may give it a try 😁

34 minutes ago, unofix said:

Real FORD coolant for only £6.00 per litre, get it while it lasts 👍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333843730217?epid=28037072537&hash=item4dbaa30f29:g:JdEAAOSwQaBf7xQA

My OCD forces me to only use the original Ford coolant 🤣

Even better thanks 😁

• Like 1

That eBay listing seems to be for one bottle only and you have to collect it in person from coventry

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, isetta said:

... and you have to collect it in person from coventry

Well spotted! On a quick glance I thought it was free P&P LOL Thank goodness I have a full bottle of Prestone in my man shed, otherwise I would have hit the Buy It Now button... 😁

46 minutes ago, isetta said:

That ebay listing seems to be for one bottle only and you have to collect it in person from coventry

Phew thanks for spotting that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club