Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy and Mondeo interchangable steering wheel buttons ?

Mohoshin

Hi All, i am wanting to retrofit cruise control buttons on my Ford Galaxy 2016. i noticed the Mondeo steering wheels i have found have the similar button layout to my current one but with the additional cruise control buttons. Would it work if i tried fitting those buttons on my current wheel and enable through Forscan ?

I am after the basic cruise control not with lane assist etc.

• 1 month later...

Hello Mohoshin, I too have a 2018 and have seen on YouTube that a guy changed his steering wheel to one that had cruise control and then programmed a few items in forscan and it worked for his car, not a galaxy but think it would work! So I would like to do this too. If you get this working update me and put a 'how to' up as I am not sure as to what has to be enabled in Forscan to make it work. 

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

i, too, have a galaxy 2016 and trying to find somewhere which can fit a cruise control unit. if you know anywhere, please update the subject. I have searched eBay and other sites, but no joy. there is no cruise control switches. cruise control and speed limiter are so cheap items to fit in the factory but why on earth Ford did not add this on its 2016 cars. most of the cheap cars have cruise control. it is not even an extra but why Ford why...

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 10:49 PM, maylo said:

Hi All,

i, too, have a galaxy 2016 and trying to find somewhere which can fit a cruise control unit. if you know anywhere, please update the subject. I have searched ebay and other sites, but no joy. there is no cruise control switches. cruise control and speed limiter are so cheap items to fit in the factory but why on earth Ford did not add this on its 2016 cars. most of the cheap cars have cruise control. it is not even an extra but why Ford why...

Hi, cruise control to work is it just has to have the right button and then enabled with forscan in the APIM, but if you add the adaptive cruise unit in the front bumper then you need the switch pack that is for adaptive cruise and not the normal one. 😉 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi did you manage to sort this out? I have a 2017 Galaxy and I'm trying to fit cruise control. I've bought the steering wheel unit from eBay and have swapped it over but will it work once programmed?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi there,  sorry I have not been able to get it working on mine, on forscan, it says it is shorted?? I have the correct cruise cable, but think it might the type of button I have, it is the one with cruise and limit on and just plus and minus on the right of the switches.. I will persevere.. have you managed to get yours working? If so what switch type should I use? 

• 6 months later...
On 5/19/2023 at 3:13 PM, Phil7793 said:

Hi there,  sorry I have not been able to get it working on mine, on forscan, it says it is shorted?? I have the correct cruise cable, but think it might the type of button I have, it is the one with cruise and limit on and just plus and minus on the right of the switches.. I will persevere.. have you managed to get yours working? If so what switch type should I use? 

I have retrofitted Cruise Control on my 2017 MK4 Galaxy (I assume its the same configuration for MK5 Mondeo & MK2 S-Max?) There are several CC Steering Wheel button configurations, The photo 1 is the button configuration I used. I found the configuration details on another site (Can't take the credit 🥴) Please be aware that this information is to be used at your own risk!! I hope it helps & Good luck

Photo no1.jpg

IMG_9562.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club