Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stung By Car Insurance

fiesta_lad

Hi all back in january this year some idiot ran into the front of my car while parked and refused to give me her details. the other week i got my renewal through and it says i have 0 no claims bouns why is this when is was not my fault. now the other idiot is saying the usual crap i did not hit him so there for it ongoing iam aware ive got to let my new insurance company know about the accident but my insurance is due tomorrow 11/06/2010 and with no claims bouns i cant afford it is there any were around this thanks alan.

Nope no way around it. In the eyes of an insurance company any claim made is fault claim on your part until proven otherwise in writting from the other insurance comp. You should of called the police at the refusal and blocked them from leaving.

Another question what will happen if i ring up my insurance company and say i no longer want to go ahead with the claim because loseing my no claims bouns is killing me in the pocket how do u think they will take it.

I think you might be a bit stuck here.

In my opinion, you should have took a picture of the numberplate of the silly person that hit you, or at least have jotted it down on a piece of paper, and then phoned the police because it is an offence to not provide details i'm sure.

Bit of an expensive lesson :huh:

Edited by DanGull
The language in this thread is terrible, keep it clean please.

I think you might be a bit stuck here.

In my opinion, you should have took a picture of the numberplate of the silly !Removed! that hit you, or at least have jotted it down on a piece of paper, and then phoned the police because it is an offence to not provide details i'm sure.

Bit of an expensive lesson :huh:

I got her number plate and make of car but the thing that is worrying me now is that i cant afford to go back to 0 no claims i dont want to lose my car over some silly cow ive got to noon tomorrow before my insurance ends and at the moment iam in stress head mode.

Edited by DanGull

Why don't you go to the police with the details?

I have the police have looked into and said there not takeing it further.

Have they said why?

No sent me a letter out saying can't take this matter any further did not give me a reason why.

So how did this accident occur? Then we can decide how silly she is :rolleyes:

Edited by DanGull

did you have legal cover? why arent your insurers looking into the accident?

Got legal cover insurers are looking into the accident but this morning i had to withdraw the claim it was either keep the claim going or get rid of the car which would kill me if i had to get rid of her so ive got my 3 years no claims back and its now hell of alot cheaper it was something i had to think over and over but if i want to keep the car i had to do it iam lucky the silly cow only cause cosmic damage.

Parked up outside a pizza place my girlfriend was in the car i was in the pizza place the silly cow come flying in no care in the world parked up then decided to drive into the front of my car.

In the past 2 1/2 years I have hit a deer (unavoidable) costing my insurers £750 and I wrote my car off on ice caused by council neglignece (allegidly!) (claim on-going against them)

So 2 claims, both not strictly my fault but they both go down as fault claims, as harsh as it is, thats life (hopefully if/when my insurers claim back from the council that claim won't count anymore but its a waiting game!)

In the past 2 1/2 years I have hit a deer (unavoidable) costing my insurers £750 and I wrote my car off on ice caused by council neglignece (allegidly!) (claim on-going against them)

So 2 claims, both not strictly my fault but they both go down as fault claims, as harsh as it is, thats life (hopefully if/when my insurers claim back from the council that claim won't count anymore but its a waiting game!)

Insurance companies are all wrong there are just rip offs and its a wonder why people drive around without insurance like i said for me to keep my pride and joy i had to withdraw the claim i had against bad driver if i keeped it ongoing which i wanted to i would have no car now only because i went from 3 years no claims back down to zero but like i always say if people want to be thick and stupid and not amitt to what they have done what comes around goes around.

It is only fair what the insurance companies do.

Its harsh but they are paying for the repairs, they could never afford to pay for repairs in cases like mine and yours with no come back from anyone otherwise premiums would be even higher than they are!

2 things strike me here. 1. If the other driver refuses to give any details take the registration number to the police and get a report ref number. If nobody is injured the police may do absolutely nothing however you have a PC number and report number.

2. Report the incident to the insurers with the registration number and any report details from the police (PC or report number). Your insureres legal department should then contact the other party to get insurance details I think they can even do this on line now.

I would suggest as your current insurer seems not to have a legal department (and many don't) or you have to pay seperately and didn't you need to seriously consider changing your insurer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club