Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing - breakdown cover

Mavroz

Took my car for it's 2nd year service today to our dealer. Was told that Ford are no longer offering any breakdown or recovery with a service.

The service was a lower price due to this.

We asked about the wife's car as it will be due it's first year health check in December/January which we have to give a further year Ford Recovery but we're told not to bother if we only did it for this reason.

It doesn't have to have a health check for warranty purposes so we won't be having it done.

Crux of this is Ford are no longer providing breakdown for new vehicles. Not sure if this is also true for the 1st 12 months though, just year 2 and 3 from new. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Was told that Ford are no longer offering any breakdown or recovery with a service.

I see it's still mentioned on the Ford website. Could be the website is now out of date, or possibly your dealer (Evans Halshaw I think?) no longer participates in the scheme (not all did). My local dealer also still mentions this on their website.

You only got 12 months from new anyway, then subject to renewal with Convenience Check or service (at participating dealers), though oddly you got 2 years cover with a Ford Direct used car.

Anyone know more?

Edit: Just looking at the list of participating dealers which I downloaded from Ford a while back - EH don't seem to be on it.

SARA-participating-dealer-list-April-18 (1).pdf

Edited by Eric Bloodaxe
Extra sentence

On my most recent service plan that includes health checks and services it mentions Ford Assist Breakdown Cover at each visit so hopefully my dealer will honour that as in my opinion its fantastic value/peace of mind.

My Dealer tried to con me, they failed to tell me that they charge an extra £25 if you want the roadside assistance.

I complained to Ford UK and was given a loaded credit card of £25 

Ford knew they were out of order for this, given that my dealer was on the participating list of dealers which according to the Ford website was free with a service.

Trading standards were taking this up for me.

• 2 months later...

Just collected my car after 4 year service and breakdown cover extension for 12 months included as usual.

3 hours ago, Doylie said:

Just had a service EH in Old Trafford with no breakdown cover offered.  . . . 

Probably because EH aren't on the list of participating dealers I posted earlier in this thread.

Yes EH are my dealer and are not offering breakdown cover any longer.

For the discount on the service cost from them and not having a year one check we found good breakdown cover cheaper for a year anyway, saving money in the long run.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mavroz said:

For the discount on the service cost from them and not having a year one check we found good breakdown cover cheaper for a year anyway, saving money in the long run.

Yes, it's all down to working out the best thing for you, you just need to be aware of the options.

It seems a lot of people do get the impression that the Ford cover is automatic, though, but the Ford site does say it's only at participating dealers:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/service-promotions/assistance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club