Do Not Sell My Personal Information

p024f being caused by the egr valve

Tarzon

2009 Mazda 1.6 diesel the same as the ford focus.

For anybody trying to figure out as to why they are getting the P024F Charge Air Cooler Bypass Position Sensor A Circuit High and are not having any luck in trying to solve the problem as i was even after replacing the valve even after inspecting the old one and a lot on people pointing it out to the throttle body motor i seemed to have found out the hard way and i will try to explain.

It started of to the fact that the car was sent to Mazda to get  the pat fluid tank replaced and they had done that but they must have wiped all the error codes out of the car and when it was being driven out the car was running rough and the engine light came back on then they started to ask question about when was the last time the car had been serviced and it was said to them that the car was running perfect before it came in and they took it back in and looked like they wiped the error codes again but never told us that there was other errors on it so i had purchased my own obd scanner and it reviled that there was a lot more errors on it than Mazda were saying.

When i done the scan i was getting errors codes for MAF sensor, Frozen egr valve, and Charge Air Cooler Bypass Position Sensor A Circuit High. I first started of by replacing the MAF sensor which got rid of that error and then i got a replacement egr valve an oem one and i installed that into the car but i still had errors in the car and booked it in with Mazda to get the EGR programed into the car but the guys in Mazda said that they done that but never told me that there was still errors on the car and the car was running rough and after paying them for that they didnt even tell me that the there was still the error code of p024f still showing up on the car.

So i ended up getting another throttle body for the car and after installing it in the car i was still getting the p024f error. I was messing around between that and the EGR valve and low and behold i discovered that the EGR valve was was the culprit in causing the p024f error code. How i found out was that i was pluging out sensors on the car and i was deleting the error codes and waiting to see what codes was going to be thrown up  and i discovered that when the EGR valve was plugged out i would only get P0405 EGR Sensor A Circuit Low but when i plugged it back in i would get p1412, p0404 and p024f. So i then got the old EGR valve just the motor part just to test my theory ( and the motor was tight to turn that's why i was replacing) so i installed it in the car and turned it to the closed position and all of a sudden the codes started to appear. So then i turned the car of and i set it to the open position and it only came up with p0404 after wiping the codes and tried it a few times and the same code kept appearing but done the same again in the closed position and the p0404 and p024f error codes started to appear so i then connected the new one back up and wiped the codes and they  kept coming back on so i disconnected the EGR valve and drove around for the day and the only error code that came up was the p0404.

At the moment i am waiting for a new EGR valve to arrive but i am not getting the oem one i am getting the original valeo EGR valve and i am hoping either that one was either faulty or not compatible with the car even thought they say it is but i hope this will help someone out with the p024f error as everyone says throttle body but not one thing mention about the EGR trowing up the error code p024f.

Hopefully this will help some people solve there error p024f code and maybe it will save them money as i say the dealer for Mazda Ireland where no help at all but quick to take my money and no answers.

• 1 year later...

On 11/30/2021 at 12:29 AM, Tarzon said:

2009 Mazda 1.6 diesel the same as the ford focus.

For anybody trying to figure out as to why they are getting the P024F Charge Air Cooler Bypass Position Sensor A Circuit High and are not having any luck in trying to solve the problem as i was even after replacing the valve even after inspecting the old one and a lot on people pointing it out to the throttle body motor i seemed to have found out the hard way and i will try to explain.

It started of to the fact that the car was sent to Mazda to get  the pat fluid tank replaced and they had done that but they must have wiped all the error codes out of the car and when it was being driven out the car was running rough and the engine light came back on then they started to ask question about when was the last time the car had been serviced and it was said to them that the car was running perfect before it came in and they took it back in and looked like they wiped the error codes again but never told us that there was other errors on it so i had purchased my own obd scanner and it reviled that there was a lot more errors on it than Mazda were saying.

When i done the scan i was getting errors codes for MAF sensor, Frozen egr valve, and Charge Air Cooler Bypass Position Sensor A Circuit High. I first started of by replacing the MAF sensor which got rid of that error and then i got a replacement egr valve an oem one and i installed that into the car but i still had errors in the car and booked it in with Mazda to get the EGR programed into the car but the guys in Mazda said that they done that but never told me that there was still errors on the car and the car was running rough and after paying them for that they didnt even tell me that the there was still the error code of p024f still showing up on the car.

So i ended up getting another throttle body for the car and after installing it in the car i was still getting the p024f error. I was messing around between that and the EGR valve and low and behold i discovered that the EGR valve was was the culprit in causing the p024f error code. How i found out was that i was pluging out sensors on the car and i was deleting the error codes and waiting to see what codes was going to be thrown up  and i discovered that when the EGR valve was plugged out i would only get P0405 EGR Sensor A Circuit Low but when i plugged it back in i would get p1412, p0404 and p024f. So i then got the old EGR valve just the motor part just to test my theory ( and the motor was tight to turn that's why i was replacing) so i installed it in the car and turned it to the closed position and all of a sudden the codes started to appear. So then i turned the car of and i set it to the open position and it only came up with p0404 after wiping the codes and tried it a few times and the same code kept appearing but done the same again in the closed position and the p0404 and p024f error codes started to appear so i then connected the new one back up and wiped the codes and they  kept coming back on so i disconnected the EGR valve and drove around for the day and the only error code that came up was the p0404.

At the moment i am waiting for a new EGR valve to arrive but i am not getting the oem one i am getting the original valeo EGR valve and i am hoping either that one was either faulty or not compatible with the car even thought they say it is but i hope this will help someone out with the p024f error as everyone says throttle body but not one thing mention about the EGR trowing up the error code p024f.

Hopefully this will help some people solve there error p024f code and maybe it will save them money as i say the dealer for Mazda Ireland where no help at all but quick to take my money and no answers.

Hi! Did you solved the problem? I have the same error in my Mazda 3. I have changed the throttle body and still getting the error P024f. Did the replacement of the EGR solved the problem?? Thank you!! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club