Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Fiesta rear fogs wont go off

Phil Chambers

I have a 2014 Fiesta 1 ltr ecco. The rear fogs are on even with the ignition, lights and the rear fog switched off. Can't find a fuse or a relay that it should be wired to. Have had to disconnect the battery.

Any ideas please?

I thought that the 2014 Fiesta was only fitted with one working rear fog light on the drivers side. The other on the passenger side is just a dummy unit with a reflector.

Can you post a photo ?

Sure it's not brake lights stuck on. The fog light is directly controlled by the bcm, no fuse so if it is fog light then you have an issue with the bcm. 

• Like 2

Thanks iantt, Tried leaving the battery disconnected last night, but hasn't resolved, presume this will have to be a dealership fix. Can't really understand why this light unit would be controlled by the BCM and not a simple fuse and relay like everything else. Are BCM's a more general problem?

17 hours ago, unofix said:

I thought that the 2014 Fiesta was only fitted with one working rear fog light on the drivers side. The other on the passenger side is just a dummy unit with a reflector.

Can you post a photo ?

Yep, sorry forgot this was a Ford where you only get half the kit 🙂

17 hours ago, iantt said:

Sure it's not brake lights stuck on. The fog light is directly controlled by the bcm, no fuse so if it is fog light then you have an issue with the bcm. 

Thanks iantt, Tried leaving the battery disconnected last night, but hasn't resolved, presume this will have to be a dealership fix. Can't really understand why this light unit would be controlled by the BCM and not a simple fuse and relay like everything else. Are BCM's a more general problem?

Sorry just getting used to how to reply 😉

Most lighting circuits are controlled by the body control module. I would unplug the module and check for any corroded pins. Then if ok. Give the module a gentle thump. 🤣. Replug in and see? 

Thanks iantt,

Had booked in to the local dealership, the day it was due to go in, connected the battery to start the car to drive it up and bobs your uncle fog light was off😁. So this was a hard reset that lasted 5 days.

Anyway keeping my eye on it.

Cheers fella

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club