Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Headlight/foglight Switch Removal

friesta

Hi Guys...first post and already in need of some of your expertise please.

I have a 54 plate Fiesta which I think is a Mark 6.

I want to replace the headlight/foglamp switch but don't how to remove the damn thing...I don't want to snap/mark anything.

I'm replacing it as I've fitted front fog lamps and the switch currently fitted has no option for front fogs.

Many thanks in advance...

Thanks very much that is exactly what I've been looking for.

Have you managed to change your switch yet and was it a pain in the ar$e? Also is the panel underneath that you remove to gain access easy to remove?

Thanks once again.

I'm not sure if it is much different as I have the facelift Mk6, but I managed to do it without removing the panel. I simply opened the wee cubby hole below the switch and stuck my hand up squeezing together the flat of the switch and it popped out. I can take a few pictures tomorrow if you like. I'm sure Wellzy (done it to an Mk6) will be along to offer help soon.

Thanks for the info...the link you provided says that there are three screws holding the switch in. Are you saying you can pop the switch out without removing these screws? I'm going to have a go tomorrow but can see trying to undo these screws being a nightmare.

When I got around to doing it I found that there were no screws. I will make a small guide as to how i done it tomorrow morning, keeping in mind that there may be difference between the pre facelift and facelift.

I removed one of these today out of a scrapped 04 plate. You need to remove the panel below the switch which is held on by phillips and torx screws and comes off really easy. This allows you better access to the rear of the switch...remove the wiring plug then it's held in by three phillips screws. These are pretty tricky to get at and I think an easier option may be to remove the whole shroud that the switch is attached to. I'm going to fit it to my car tomorrow so if I find a better way I'll post the details.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club