Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green plastic thing on my key fob

Mannyio

Hey all, any idea what the green plastic thing is on my key fob? It looks kind of like a whistle?????

seatbelt cutter or glass breaker

WIN_20220303_15_45_18_Pro.jpg

I vote this the weirdest post this year. It's your keychain, did you forget what you put on it? 🤣

• Haha 2

I have not put my new flik key on it, tho it does look like a whistle which the OP eluded to.

4 hours ago, Mannyio said:

Hey all, any idea what the green plastic thing is on my key fob? It looks kind of like a whistle?????

have you tried blowing it, there ya go SF now its getting weird LOL

What's also weird is that the photo posted, was not from the OP LOL

I've seen this thing on a few different key fobs on Autotrader but not sure what it is.  I wondered if it's part of a security fob for the dealerships but could be totally wrong.

Seems an expensive way to undo your seat belt. I just press the red button on the seat belt stalk. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, erictcleric said:

Seems an expensive way to undo your seat belt. I just press the red button on the seat belt stalk. 

2 quid and handy to have if you cant reach the release, then push against the glass

6 minutes ago, JImpster said:

2 quid and handy to have if you cant reach the release, then push against the glass

I'd love to know the number of times this device has been used for it's purpose. I get the feeling if the impact is that big, most will be in the car unconscious waiting for the emergency services! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What Stephen said. I actually have a decent belt cutter and glass punch in the car, but I can imagine in any emergency I'll either forget I have it or spend the remaining minutes of my life trying to find it in the glove box before remembering it's actually in the driver's door pocket. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

What Stephen said. I actually have a decent belt cutter and glass punch in the car, but I can imagine in any emergency I'll either forget I have it or spend the remaining minutes of my life trying to find it in the glove box before remembering it's actually in the driver's door pocket. 

Or left in the boot with the spare wheel!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For those of us with keyless start, you'll first have to reach over to get your bag, or fumble about to find the keys in you which ever pocket you put them in, if you can remember being semi unconscious.

It's a bit like the emergency button in the roof, if the crash is that bad I need to use it, I'll probably not be in a fit state to reach it.

• Like 2

This is the green plastic thingy, sorry for not posting sooner!

Any ideas????

20220304_133032_resized.jpg

17 minutes ago, Mannyio said:

This is the green plastic thingy, sorry for not posting sooner!

Any ideas????

Well, that's just blown this thread out of the water LOL Now, the knurled end, does it unscrew? Could be for containing an emergency £10 note, or, toss it in a glass of water, does it float? Could have had a JetSki key on it previously and stops the key sinking to the sea floor, or the knurled end could be to release something like a battery cover for a TPMS sensor...

When you go into a car garage it's used to secure your key against a special key retaining board, it also let's the garage track if the key is not on the board who should have it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Well, that's just blown this thread out of the water LOL Now, the knurled end, does it unscrew? Could be for containing an emergency £10 note,

I didn't know such a thing existed, but will look into as I think it's a good idea, although in this day and age I would think a spare £20 or £50 note 😂

47 minutes ago, gds1972 said:

When you go into a car garage it's used to secure your key against a special key retaining board, it also let's the garage track if the key is not on the board who should have it.

Thanks for the confirmation! :biggrin:

Any idea what it's called as I spent ages on Google Images trying to find one before I posted yesterday lol.  

2 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

I didn't know such a thing existed, but will look into as I think it's a good idea, although in this day and age I would think a spare £20 or £50 note 😂

I've had one on my keychain for years LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Although I can't see inside the LH end on the photo, my guess is that it's sort of hollow.... I think it's a gadget to help you remove (and re-fit) tyre valve dust caps, as with some alloys it's fiddly to get sausage fingers around the little black cap.

If I'm right, I hereby claim my £5.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks for the confirmation! :biggrin:

Any idea what it's called as I spent ages on Google Images trying to find one before I posted yesterday lol.  

Try doing a Google search for Key in Key Out control pegs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, gds1972 said:

Try doing a Google search for Key in Key Out control pegs.  

Perfect, thanks! :smile: 

• Thanks 1

It's for this kind of thing-

th.jpeg.244bf8b1fbb0c56b1fede640a8706680.jpeg

Stops unauthorised removal of keys and ensures that any keys removed are traceable to a particular person.

We use something very similar for our patrol vehicles. 

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club