Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

I’m sure some of you have seen online but apparently production of the Mk. 4.5 is at a halt until at least July because of shortages of Sync 4 components linked to the Ukraine war. This includes having stopped all orders and the removal of build and price from the website (which is the case, at least in the UK). Apparently the news went out to dealers Friday.

Has anyone who ordered actually received confirmation about this from their dealer yet? Is this going to force Ford to reopen Mk. 4 production?

My dealer told me they knew nothing of this and that my car was still on track for the originally quoted delivery but I find that hard to believe!

Sync 4 chips were already in short supply before the Russia conflict started.

And no, they can't restart PFL builds as all the bodywork changes for the facelift will be made now.  

• Like 3

My dealer (Czechia) told me that my car ordered in january is not at production yet - but nothing about chips - she said that they werent able to deliver some MK4 so they agreed with customers that they will receive MK4.5 instead - but apparently those cars will be manufactured before my car, so I have to wait maybe more...

The issue is most definitely with chips, it is affecting all electronics markets...

It's the reason why Sony, Microsoft, Nvidia, AMD and intel are struggling to keep up with demand. I realise some will believe this is due to scalpers but this is really not the case. Scalpers have realised the big companies are struggling with production and as such when they can they will buy all the stock up and sell them at inflated prices. The real issue in the production process is the shortage of silicon, there is only so much of it about and when that runs low you get issues like this.

I would suspect that car manufacturers will have to put prices up and that is possibly why they have removed pricing from their websites...

• Like 1

I'm trying right now to negotiate with my dealer to terminate the contract, he still insists that my car will be delivered in octomber-november, but I'm not that optimistic since I've ordered it a month ago and there are a lot of orders to be produced. He doesn't want to return my money back, this is mentioned into the contract, and right now I'm stuck with this order of Focus 😞

Strange- I was originally forecasted a mid April delivery, having ordered the MK4.5 in November. The last line of information that was relayed from the dealer was that a mid march build slot was in the 'infamous' pipeline. I suffer terrible PTSD when even discussing manufacturer lead times so i will lead it to the will of the universe. 

I have heard, that they have problems with new Sync4 infotainment - bacause some parts are from Ukraine - but the older version Sync2.5/3 does not have this problem (maybe is manufactured somewhere else).

It was a photo posted with the official info from Ford, where is it, why it was taken down? 😞

Dealer has marked my order as "re-segmented" with no hope in ETA. Will just cancel if its not built in April. Only ordered the car for the short wait time originally forecasted. 

• Sad 2

I have been lucky enough, as I contacted my dealer and my car is now midway through production and on track for delivery mid May as I was told when placing order.

Cully_83: when did you place your order?

I placed my order in January, dealer originally told me my producion date was 25th February. 

Then got pushed back and finally a few days ago delayed till October 😭

10 Year wait for a new car in Russia ............

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

10 Year wait for a new car in Russia ............

Where did find that from . Quite funny from him. 

• Like 1

Latest from my dealer is that it’s due to be built tomorrow for delivery mid-May. 

12 hours ago, Jimbob88 said:

Latest from my dealer is that it’s due to be built tomorrow for delivery mid-May. 

Interesting, initial reports seemed to suggest production would be shut down last week for a few months but I guess not.

What model did you order and when?

46 minutes ago, Jibberish333 said:

Interesting, initial reports seemed to suggest production would be shut down last week for a few months but I guess not.

What model did you order and when?

So my dealer told me that it would only be affecting new orders and that as mine was ordered in early Jan it was fine. To be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I phone them for an update and it hasn't been built but that's the latest info I have.

I ordered a ST Line Vignale - I did question if in light of the reports if I'd end up only getting the 8inch screen but they reassured me it would include the new infotainment system with the 13.4 inch screen .

• Like 1

I ordered mine 4.1.2022 and still nothing from the dealer 😞

On 3/30/2022 at 8:48 AM, Jimbob88 said:

So my dealer told me that it would only be affecting new orders and that as mine was ordered in early Jan it was fine. To be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I phone them for an update and it hasn't been built but that's the latest info I have.

I ordered a ST Line Vignale - I did question if in light of the reports if I'd end up only getting the 8inch screen but they reassured me it would include the new infotainment system with the 13.4 inch screen .

Just to update - had confirmation from dealer that mine was indeed built yesterday as anticipated and due to arrive at the dealer in early May, possibly sooner.

• Like 2

My dealer rang this morning to tell me my ST Line Vignale ordered in February and due for manufacture May, has now been delayed till the 4th quarter of the year. He also said the production of the problem parts from Ukraine would be moved to Spain.

4 hours ago, Jimbob88 said:

Just to update - had confirmation from dealer that mine was indeed built yesterday as anticipated and due to arrive at the dealer in early May, possibly sooner.

That’s great news! Hope you enjoy your new car.

Out of interest was your initial order placed in September, October or later? Just trying to gauge where mine might be in the queue 😀