Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tps Sensor Connector

Pug

Got called in on this one after a diagnostic showed a faulty TPS, which was replaced but the problem persists.

Essentially, it's revving on after the clutch is depressed.

Can't take it back to the original mechanic, as I think it's an ex-boyfriend or something similar.

From what I read, this is a known issue and there is a newer uprated connector available.

Question is, where do I get one from?

Did Ford actually do a recall on this, meaning I can get it for free or is it a dealer part I need to request?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get. :)

Anyone?

Any other suggestions on curing this?

Read somewhere else about disconnecting the battery for the ECU to reset its values for the TPS to zero...

Actually, I think it may be a 1.25 engine, not a 1.3, fwiw.

I have a multimeter here. Can anyone confirm what values I should be looking for to test?

• 1 month later...

ford do do a connector, provinding that it is the same engine as the ka, there very inexpensive aswell, if i remeber, ill have a look for the part number for you tomorrow

Thanks but I fixed it in the end (meant to come back and post progress but forgot, sorry).

Disconnecting the battery for a while cured it. Easiest fix I've had in a while. :)

[Edit] Can a mod add {Solved} to the topic title for me?

I don't seem to have edit privileges on it. Ta.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club