Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Orange warning fluid level

Connorhutch97

Hi all

I'm getting a orange warning light on my speedo and it's saying something fluid level but I can't see the bit above it as the messege board is broken 

Can someone tell me what this is ? 2005 focus

If you have xenon's it could be washer fluid level?

Otherwise it's likely to be brake fluid level...but that one should be red.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you have xenon's it could be washer fluid level?

Otherwise it's likely to be brake fluid level...but that one should be red.

Cheers I've checked brake fluid and that seems fine never checked the washer but there's deffo still some in it , don't know what xenons are mate I'm clueless with cars lol 

20 minutes ago, Connorhutch97 said:

Cheers I've checked brake fluid and that seems fine never checked the washer but there's deffo still some in it , don't know what xenons are mate I'm clueless with cars lol 

Xenon headlights.  They come with headlight washers so you get through more washer fluid with them.  The warning comes up quite early so you don't run out.  

Fuckknows haha I don't think there headlight washers haha 😆 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Connorhutch97 said:

Have a look here, is it one of these, or near one of thesedash.thumb.jpg.eb45d7515c483dd752b4c5c3364e7b7d.jpg?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Connorhutch97 said:

Just put some more washer fluid in then.  At least that'll rule that one out. :laugh:

I suspect it was probably brake fluid and the orange engine manageable light...as shown on the far right of Stephens picture.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just put some more washer fluid in then.  At least that'll rule that one out. :laugh:

I suspect it was probably brake fluid and the orange engine manageable light...as shown on the far right of Stephens picture.

Haha aye ill try fill the washer first lol 

But it's not that light it's just a wee light next to the clock on the left side 

4 minutes ago, Connorhutch97 said:

Haha aye ill try fill the washer first lol 

But it's not that light it's just a wee light next to the clock on the left side 

C'mon Tom, that's a mystery on me, but the n again, I never knew I has a low fuel warning till last week after years of ownership LOL

920530835_lightdashlefthand.thumb.jpg.6614bdc0cefcdb5af6b137badb194356.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

C'mon Tom, that's a mystery on me, but the n again, I never knew I has a low fuel warning till last week after years of ownership LOL

920530835_lightdashlefthand.thumb.jpg.6614bdc0cefcdb5af6b137badb194356.jpg

He means a little orange LED between the rev counter and the LCD display.  

1 minute ago, Connorhutch97 said:

16506542671842576705954189250379.jpg

Think I can almost make out the word 'brake' there, but that might just be in my mind now.

Top up the washer fluid anyway.  Make sure the brake fluid sensor is plugged in properly (maybe even unplug and replug it) and see if it's still there after.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Think I can almost make out the word 'brake' there, but that might just be in my mind now.

Top up the washer fluid anyway.  Make sure the brake fluid sensor is plugged in properly (maybe even unplug and replug it) and see if it's still there after.

Hahah who knows mate, will do thanks again 😄 

• Like 1

Tom, I'm assuming my car doesn't have the same diagnostic reporting system? I can see the LCD screen is much narrower than the OP so wouldn't have the same capacity to display text?

6 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I'm assuming my car doesn't have the same diagnostic reporting system? I can see the LCD screen is much narrower than the OP so wouldn't have the same capacity to display text?

Aye it definitely looks like yours is smaller but mine is just ***** so i can't see what it's saying 

The orange LED means there's a warning message on the display - it's supposed to draw your attention to whatever is being displayed on the message screen. That LED would be red if it was a serious problem, so I agree with Tom - it's probably the washer fluid. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Tom, I'm assuming my car doesn't have the same diagnostic reporting system? I can see the LCD screen is much narrower than the OP so wouldn't have the same capacity to display text?

Not 100% sure but I doubt it - does your screen only show fixed Odo & trip as pictured?  

The longer display also shows exterior temp, with scrolling options of MPG & range readouts iirc.  It would have been trim level dependant.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not 100% sure but I doubt it - does your screen only show fixed Odo & trip as pictured?  

The longer display also shows exterior temp, with scrolling options of MPG & range readouts iirc.  It would have been trim level dependant.

Yep, just odemer info ☹️

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Yep, just odemer info

Probably for the best. If you could see in real time mpg it would only cause 'stress' and think of the 'anxiety' if you could watch the range drop like a brick when you only have 20 miles of fuel left 🤣 Less information is sometimes better.

• Like 1

I can also confirm that the LX cluster LCD screen only shows the odometer and trip mileage readings.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:38 PM, Connorhutch97 said:

it's saying something fluid level but I can't see the bit above it as the messege board is broken 

The full message reads...

LOW WASHER
FLUID LEVEL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club