Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab in fiesta mk7 7.5 and focus mk3

Ben97397284

Hi just wondered if and when dab was standard in the focus and fiesta?

or at what trim level or year it was installed?

id really like a used fiesta or focus but also want dab radio , how will I know which models have it?

I have DAB in a 2017 model Titanium X.

Most Fords of this era have basic DAB...not DAB+ which most stations now use.  Reception is also patchy & area dependant.

Models with the shiny Sony audio unit all have DAB (Titanium and up).  I'm pretty sure that even the basic system in the Zetec's had DAB too - though the only way to tell for sure will be to press the radio button.  They don't say 'DAB' on the fascia at all.

• Like 1

Can't remember exactly when, quite a while ago now, but it was already standard on the 2010 Fiesta Mk 7 Titanium I had, and standard on the facelift (Mk 7.5) Titanium and X from launch, so 2013 model year.

Available as an option on most other versions and seems to have been quite commonly selected.

43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Most Fords of this era have basic DAB...not DAB+ which most stations now use.  Reception is also patchy & area dependant.

A difference often not realised till it's too late. If you can tune your DAB to get TalkRadio, you have DAB+, if you can't get it, you have the older DAB. I just gave 6 radios away to a charity shop as they were not the newer DAB+ standard, and so for me, no longer fit for purpose - broke my heart!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

A difference often not realised till it's too late. If you can tune your DAB to get TalkRadio, you have DAB+, if you can't get it, you have the older DAB. I just gave 6 radios away to a charity shop as they were not the newer DAB+ standard, and so for me, no longer fit for purpose - broke my heart!

Well let's hope the charity shop buyers aren't looking for TalkRadio then! :biggrin:

• Haha 1

My 2015 style did not have dab as standard but the original owner paid £700 extra to have dab and built in satnav. They also paid extra for quickclear front screen which was not standard.   I would not have bought it 2nd hand without the quickclear screen. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club