Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sizing Down to '18 - Winter Wheels

adam2231

I've been seriously struggling with picking out winter tyres and I'm super fearful of getting this wrong. I want to downsize from '19 to '18 inch rims for the winter.

I'm looking to buy these rims: Felgi aluminiowe ALUTEC Ikenu Black Diamond 8,00x18 5x108,00 ET45,00 » Oponeo

On this rims I wanted to fit on Hankook I*Cept Evo 3 in the size of 235/40/18. The current size of the P Zero's is 235/35/19

I also wanted to fit on these TPMS, I've been told that Ford would need to configure it as the garage close to me cannot do this: Czujnik ciśnienia TPMS » zaprogramowany do twojego auta » Oponeo

I just want to make sure that what I am doing is the right approach and I don't get any last minute surprises that all this doesn't fit well, or that I might encounter some other issues. I'd appreciate any help 🙂

Following this as well as I'm in the same situation. 

235/40/18 would legally fit, but I don't know about the rims, tyres in 18" are cheaper as well. 
I read some good feedbacks from bridgestone blizzak tyres 

I did get in touch a mechanic at Ford. He told me that to get the perfect rim fit I'd need to look at the following measurements:

5x108 Screw placement
Diameter: 18'
Width: 8'
Weaning ET: 55
Central Measurement: 63.4

The tyres I selected will fit, and there will be no difference in rolling resistance. Also found some Ford OEM TPMS that are cheaper than what I had posted. I'll be ordering it this week and hopefully fit new boots by next week. 

• Like 1

Did he confirm that 18" wheels would fit with the brake caliper of the ST ? 

not a lot of wheel with these specs 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Small update. The new wheels and tyres are on! Everything fit without any issue. There was a scare of the lug nut head not fitting the rim design - so that is something to look out for. Fortunately one mechanic goofed and it turned out everything was fine.  

Photo 29-12-2022, 15 35 35.jpg

Photo 29-12-2022, 15 35 39.jpg

Photo 29-12-2022, 15 36 01.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, adam2231 said:

Small update. ..

Nice colour, what is it called?

26 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Nice colour, what is it called?

The colour is called graphite. I wanted to keep it as similar to the stock rim colour. Likewise I will be changing the rim centre cap to a Ford or ST themed so with this colour it will fit in nicely!

4 minutes ago, adam2231 said:

The colour is called graphite. I wanted to keep it as similar to the stock rim colour. Likewise I will be changing the rim centre cap to a Ford or ST themed so with this colour it will fit in nicely!

My fault LOL I meant the colour of your car!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

My fault LOL I meant the colour of your car!

Its Green 😉 Mean Green is the Ford colour name 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club