Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Pressure Sensor Malfunction

CLS

Hello,

I took my Fiesta to a local tyre company who put on two new front tyres. All was fine for first 24 hours then the tyre pressure sensor malfunction warning light came on.

To cut a long story short, the garage couldn't reset so cloned the sensor and fitted this but the light still came on so they advised me to take it to a garage. The garage said they couldn't do anything so here i am with a TPSM warning coming on every time i start the car

Does anyone have any idea what i can do about this please?

Thanks

If this a genuine fault and not just a reset issue then I think you are going to have to take it to a Ford dealer.

I expect that when the 2 new tyres were fitted that the fitting company did not replace the tyre pressure sensors. Which would be totally acceptable on a car which is less than 4 years old.

44 minutes ago, CLS said:

the garage couldn't reset so cloned the sensor and fitted

are you saying then replaced the sensors ? or they did some kind of copying of another sensor ?

I'm not familiar with the instrument cluster set up on a 2019 Fiesta but I expect it will be similar to the Focus. When you check the tyre pressures displayed in the instrument menu what does it show ?

Here is how to reset the TPMS for the Focus AND Fiesta:

• Like 1

Thank you for replying

Initially , it was the original sensor but after I took it back twice after it had been reset,  the tyre garage said they sent the original sensor away and got it cloned but I don’t know anymore than this about specifics .

I can reset it and it shows correct pressure but next time I turn car on, it shows drivers front as not having  any pressure amount so is blank.

The other 3 wheels are all set correctly 

• Like 1

It sounds very much like they have damaged the tyre sensor when they originally replaced the tyre.

You will probably need a new TPM sensor fitted. Let's hope you can get it replaced soon, at least before your MOT is due.

• 10 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 4:30 PM, unofix said:

It sounds very much like they have damaged the tyre sensor when they originally replaced the tyre.

You will probably need a new TPM sensor fitted. Let's hope you can get it replaced soon, at least before your MOT is due.

Interesting. Just had our Fiesta in for two new front tyres. Now o/s sensor is jumping about all over the place. Kwikfit suggesting battery. Hmmm. Yes it’s 6 years old but it was working fine 2 days ago. I suspect they have nudged it. Doubt they’ll pay for a new one either. Wife on warpath so it’ll be interesting to see who wins. 😀

52 minutes ago, Kevwrightuk said:

Doubt they’ll pay for a new one either. Wife on warpath so it’ll be interesting to see who wins

My money is on KwikFit. Just about every tyre garage in the land has a disclaimer of some sort saying that in no way, shape or form will they be liable for damaged caused with TPMS sensors when you get them to fit tyres. This has been the case almost from the very day that such sensors started to be fitted.

• Like 1

I believe these sensors are very easily damaged.  I killed one when I hit a kerb swerving to avoid a car that had crossed on to the other side of the road, and another getting a tyre changed.  Thankfully they aren’t super expensive but it’s a PITA.  I haven’t had a fiesta in nearly 4 years but still have a spare TPMS sensor lying in a cupboard!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club