Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigarette Lighter Problem

06 ford fusion

Hi, can anyone help??? my cigarette lighter has power and my phone charger works through it but when i plug my (brand new) cigatette lighter in it blows the fuse! its driving me bonkers please help

Hi, can anyone help??? my cigarette lighter has power and my phone charger works through it but when i plug my (brand new) cigatette lighter in it blows the fuse! its driving me bonkers please help

is the lighter popping out when iots hot enough sounds like its sticking and as a result it will blow the fuse to prevent a fire inside the lighter housing there are 2 metal clips either side that hold the lighter sometimes these are too tight take a pen a plastic one and slightly push them in the wqay on either side and try it again

is the lighter popping out when iots hot enough sounds like its sticking and as a result it will blow the fuse to prevent a fire inside the lighter housing there are 2 metal clips either side that hold the lighter sometimes these are too tight take a pen a plastic one and slightly push them in the wqay on either side and try it again

Cheers for the response, the fuse blows as soon as i push the lighter into it. ive tried a few different lighters some stay down but dont heat up some wont stay down and dont heat up but the one i have is brand new and just pops the fuse! im now on the thinking that its going to be a dealer job for a lighter thats car specific not just a generic 12v one :(

Regards

What size fuse are you using ?

the lighters are generic anyway just different barrel sizes ands shouldnt be effecting it i agree with dan are you using the right fuse for it not too low or too high? with the glove box open it will tell you the correct rating of the fuse if it is the right one it may be a trip to the dealers to see why theres a fault there but ide be checking the fuses fisrst

Hi, yeah im using the right size fuse (15amp as per the diagram on the back of the glove box) if they arn't car specific then it must be something within the barrel that the cigarette lighter fits into. the 2 prongs inside seem to be flush do they need to be out slightly? could it be blowing because all of the lighter is touching the bottom?

Regards

Stuart

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club