Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Mondeo Saloon. Need information on the Right Tail Light

LeoMondeo

Hello. I have a 2007 Mk4 Mondeo Saloon (4-door). (Below is a picture of my car)

I have a broken rear Right tail light.

I removed the part to check for part number (7S7113404A), but I still have doubts about it.

I have seen some parts for sale with the same part code, but they seem to have a difference on the black plastic part (see the last two attached images, mine has the smaller plastic), maybe they are for the 5-door hatchback model?

, but then shouldn't it have a different part number?

Anyway, could I get a tail light with the different black plastic edge and replace it with the one in my tail light, mine is still in good condition.

My biggest question: Is difference between the parts limited to the black plastic?

Thanks in advance for any help.

5,5.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

The rear taillight for the 4 door saloon and the 5 door hatchback are different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

The rear taillight for the 4 door saloon and the 5 door hatchback are different.

Ok, but shouldn't they have different part numbers? How different are they? To my understanding, the difference is in the black plastic on the edge.

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Thanks, but I think this link refers to the Mk3 Mondeo. My question is about a Mk4 2007 Saloon (as pictured in the post).

Just now, LeoMondeo said:

My question is about a Mk4 2007 Saloon (as pictured in the post).

I should of guessed that, I stupidly thought it was a 2003 Mk3 like your profile says.

Mk3.JPG

25 minutes ago, LeoMondeo said:

Hello. I have a 2007 Mk4 Mondeo Saloon (4-door).

You do know that's not what you have according to your profile?

profile.png.0b8e54fa664ba5815b8273adf9d6f18a.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

You do know that's not what you have according to your profile?

profile.png.0b8e54fa664ba5815b8273adf9d6f18a.png

Sorry. I have two Mondeos. I have a Mk3 SW 2.0 TDCi and I recently got a Mk4 Mondeo Saloon. Unfortunately, I didn't add this car to my profile, sorry again.

• 2 weeks later...

To everyone wondering, tail lights on the Saloon and on the 5-door hatchback are essentially the same, with the same code and everything (estate is obviously different). The only thing that changes is the black plastic trim (located near the boot opening).

image.thumb.jpeg.24658ff16f808baccce5a8d145da8730.jpeg

Saloon

image.thumb.jpeg.5fa1462b8134cc9c7b830870aa97b4ea.jpeg

Hatchback

As you can see from the pictures above, the black trim on the saloon is smaller, as it needs to accomodate the boot struts (they are a different design on the hatchback).

This plastic trim can be moved from the old part to the new one. It is held by 6 small plastic clips, you can use a small screwdriver to remove 3 of them (the ones that are easily accessible), the other 3 will come out just by pulling on the plastic trim. Remove them carefully to avoid damaging the trim or the tail light.

image.thumb.jpeg.5fb8b2966d33979f9b36d3642330ee17.jpeg

Unclip the clips above to separate the trim from the tail light.

I hope this thread can help someone. My car is from 2007 (pre-facelift), and I couldn't find a part that was specific for the saloon. Found one that was for the hatchback, but the part code was the same, so I discovered you can actually use it on both body styles.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club