Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen washer problem

dartiss

I've had my (second) Puma for just over a year now. 

In recent weeks I've noticed that the passenger side windscreen washer isn't working very well. I got my wife to help me out today, so I could watch is closer up and see what's happening... water is coming out but just not at the same pressure as the driver side. As a result, it's barely hitting the windscreen (a light spray at the very, very bottom - most of it is just going into the gutter).

I've read a few posts on various forums, and seem some video, on this subject, but most of it is around adjustment (which this doesn't need). I can't see any obvious blockage, but wondering if anybody had any suggestions (which doesn't involve taking half the car apart)?

IMG_1051.JPG

There is no adjustment on the mist jets. They are generally a pain in the ar5e and get partly blocked with the slightest bit of dirt in the screenwash fluid.

You will have to remove the jet assembly from the car to clean it. Run it under the hot tap while using an old toothbrush in a stabbing motion. Try to get the bristles to poke in to the front of the mist jet and back flush the dirt out.

• Like 1

Could it be an air lock

1 hour ago, Rizmo said:

Could it be an air lock

Easy to check, pull the hose off the nozzle, and hit the washer button. See if water shoots out the hose... If it does, @unofix suggestion above is good. As well as a 'brush' to try and clear blockage, the old fashioned method it to put stem of nozzle in your mouth and blow as hard as you can! (Of course, if you've access to an air compressor, that'll work too LOL)

• Like 1

FixedThe washer jet pipe had come partially detached.

1 minute ago, dartiss said:

FixedThe washer jet pipe had come partially detached.

No doubt discovered when you went to pull it off to check water flow 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club