Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petition re Excessive car insurance increases

TrevorB

Sadly, never in the history of mankind, has a 'petition' changed anything, ever. But, best of luck anyway...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TrevorB said:

Please sign this petition as we all know we are being ripped off

Are you going to ask Dan to sign it ? 🤣

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, unofix said:

Are you going to ask Dan to sign it ? 🤣

Lovin' the new signature! 😂

• Thanks 1

Well Dan certainly should sign it if he is honest and decent!!

Its also showing on the Ford ST OC and Talk Ford forums

Just now, TrevorB said:

Well Dan certainly should sign it if he is honest and decent!!

To be fair, he is an employee of an insurance company, who pay him a salary every month, on which he pays taxes, likely has a mortgage, and feeds his family. Not really his fault at scandalous premiums...

Stephen, Dan could still sign it if he agrees with what is and has happened. Ones private details are not disclosed when a petition is signed and, because of that, it confirms I am clearly not "getting at Dan" - just what ins companies in general have done

You also say "best of luck" but it is not MY petition

I've seen the suggestion several times now that increases are, in part, related to higher costs of repairing EVs. The implication being that the cost is being spread across the whole range of policyholders, not just EV specific.

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I've seen the suggestion several times now that increases are, in part, related to higher costs of repairing EVs. ...

Interesting article from Auto Express on this very topic.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/361588/why-electric-car-insurance-so-expensive-ev-vs-ice-cost-analysis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd post this Belfast Telegraph article just published. Insurance hikes now mainstream fodder...

Apparently, average premium here now £1000+...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/car-insurance-in-northern-ireland-passes-1k-mark-for-first-time/a57414345.html

• Like 2

If you need cheep insurance give Dan a call he'll do you a special deal 😉

• Haha 5

Not just car ins though. My house ins just gone up 40% 

• Sad 3

Our house insurance jumped 27%. I shopped around and found a deal offering the same cover for less than we paid last year.

Last week the Vitara renewal came through and that had jumped 65%. Again I got a deal which offered slightly better cover for only a little more than last year.

The two original policies were with the same company which we've used for a number of years so they've just lost the business. They're likely to lose our Focus business too when that comes due.

I know costs have risen substantially but it seems to me some of these companies are jumping on a bandwagon and basically profiteering.

34 minutes ago, mjt said:

... but it seems to me some of these companies are jumping on a bandwagon and basically profiteering.

Insurance companies profiteering?? I'm shocked 🤣

• Haha 3

What a chestnut insurance cost increases is. 

It's laughable what comments are out there slating the rises. And oh yes it's bugged the ruddy proverbials of us All but unfortunately insurance is a necessary evil.

There have been petitions that have managed to change things but anything to do with car insurance won't matter even if Millions sign it. And that's just shyitte coz it goes to show the power these insurance conglomerates have.

44 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

There have been petitions that have managed to change things...

Curious, have you any examples?

Sorry Stephen but I can't. Memory isn't like it use to be.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, unofix said:

Here's one that's bound to succeed ......

I know this is an example of a 'march', not a petition, but in 2003, 1 Million folk took part in a protest to stop our participation in the Iraq war - Tony Blair ignored it.

In 1990, 200,000 protested against the poll tax. Thatcher ignored it and it was introduced anyway. It eventually was withdrawn but only after being introduced, and stumbling over enormous administrative issues making it unworkable.

I still believe, that although it makes signatorys feel good, petitions don't work.

• Like 1

The poll tax was Thatcher's undoing in the end though. Not before she'd wreaked havoc with many of our cherished institutions though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the Focus insurance renewal notification. 60% increase so once again I've cancelled and gone elsewhere. That's three policies this company has lost now and I can't believe I'm the only one who's jumped ship. They must be losing shedloads of business.

• Like 1

My insurance went up just under £200. However I've stayed with the RAC because they offered me 1 year free breakdown and recovery service. That's about a hundred quid or so I believe so basically my insurance went up a hundred quid which I'm more than happy with. 

I actually thought I'd be stung after having my previous car written off. 😥

Last year when my Fiesta ST-Line 140 insurance was due for renewal, the current company wanted nearly £800 for renewal. I'd been with them 2 years but with that increase, I knew it wasn't worth it.
I got a quote from Aviva which was £575 inc extras like breakdown, protected NCB etc and for just £19 more, Aviva premium offered the same with all the extras plus the ability to drive other cars fully comp if necessary for upto 10 days. 

Now I have upgraded to a newer fiesta 155, I will likely see premiums of £800 come renewal time as a new quote from Aviva came out at £795 without any extras for the 155. 

I thought insurance companies could no longer rip-off loyal customers with higher renewal premiums than those of new customers. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club