Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LKAS, TSR failure

GalaxyDad

Hello fellow Ford owners. 

New battery installed recently. After noticed that the lane keep assist, traffic sign recognition and auto dip headlights all stopped working. No warning lights on the dash. 

They are toggled “on” on the dash, yes I’ve pressed the button on the indicator stalk and the windscreen is clean. 

Anyone have experience of this? I cannot identifying which fuse looks after these systems but assuming it is a camera calibration issue. 

If anyone knows the fix, I’m eternally grateful!

thanks!

Disconnect the negative lead from the battery and wait at least 20 minutes. Then reconnect the battery and wait 5 minutes before you do anything to give all modules time to reboot.

Check that the battery voltage is at least 12.4V

All should start working again as normal. If not you will need to use FORScan and check for Ford specific diagnostic trouble codes.

23 hours ago, unofix said:

Disconnect the negative lead from the battery and wait at least 20 minutes. Then reconnect the battery and wait 5 minutes before you do anything to give all modules time to reboot.

Check that the battery voltage is at least 12.4V

All should start working again as normal. If not you will need to use FORScan and check for Ford specific diagnostic trouble codes.

Thank you so much! I will try this after my shift and see how it goes!

I wonder if when the garage put the new battery in, it was just a bit soon for the modules to reboot then?

I had an issue like this after a new battery change, but it was on the rear drivers side door nothing else the window wouldn’t work or the child lock. Fix was to disconnect the battery for 5 mins and worked fine after.

Had to use Forscan for reset the BMS to get the start stop working again though!

On 5/2/2024 at 6:59 PM, Jim3797 said:

I had an issue like this after a new battery change, but it was on the rear drivers side door nothing else the window wouldn’t work or the child lock. Fix was to disconnect the battery for 5 mins and worked fine after.

Had to use Forscan for reset the BMS to get the start stop working again though!

Thanks again for your help. 

As an update. I have taken off the positive terminal for a good 30+ minutes and reconnected and sadly no joy. Still no return of my lost systems. 

Do either of you have experience with ForScan? I’m suspecting this is going to need sensor recalibration or something? The system are set to “on” in the menu, they just don’t activate when driving. 

Come at a bad time for our family so want to try fix myself to keep costs down. 

It sounds like the camera has failed 🙄

Or it may have become partly detached from the windscreen. The clear gel pad that fixes the camera can sometimes become unstuck, especially if the windscreen has been replaced at anytime in the past.

Thanks for the advice! Are these relatively simple to buy/replace/fit? 

I’m weighing up just leaving it completely and accepting I don’t have these features (that I don’t use all that often anyways) and then hope it goes unnoticed at the end of the PCP. 

Ideally I’d get it fixed… but not if it’s gonna be hundreds of pounds. 

50 minutes ago, GalaxyDad said:

I’m weighing up just leaving it completely and accepting I don’t have these features (that I don’t use all that often anyways) and then hope it goes unnoticed at the end of the PCP. 

I'd expect A 2018 car built with Automatic headlights would be expected to have them working when it has an MOT, but maybe not ?

Without using FORScan to check what the problem is, its difficult to say how much it will cost to repair. It might just need a new sticky gel pad, or it may need a new camera, or worse !!

Everything looking pretty well attached under here. My father in law has. FORScan thing so I’ll see what I can find on that next. 

IMG_3948.jpeg

Weirdly the fuel gauge has stopped working this morning too…

All of this after Halfords changed the battery. I wonder if there is something shorting somewhere. 

On 5/4/2024 at 8:10 PM, unofix said:

I'd expect A 2018 car built with Automatic headlights would be expected to have them working when it has an MOT, but maybe not ?

Without using FORScan to check what the problem is, its difficult to say how much it will cost to repair. It might just need a new sticky gel pad, or it may need a new camera, or worse !!

I wonder, may I ask what I should look out for on the FORScan device? Of course if you haven’t had this issue before please do not worry!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’m sorry I didint respond sooner I forgot to follow the topic, Forscan is a great tool to use but I’ll come back to that.

i would check the basics first as normally a full battery reset normally sorts most electrical gremlins out.

if you haven’t yet I would suggest checking the fuses for any blown. Multiple new issues after having a battery changed sounds worrying hopefully the Halfords person hasn’t installed it the wrong way and then the right way (if that makes sense).

Forscan can nearly everything from reading fault codes to carrying out service procedures like BMS reset etc. there is loads of videos on YouTube etc. I would suggest you backup your modules before doing anything for peace of mind!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club