Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advise Please

suz

Hi

Picked up my 05 Focus from the garage yesterday. I have 3 months warrenty with the car, just wondering if anyone can advise common problems to look out for? Really want to take advantage of the warrenty while it is there.

I have the 1.6 TDCi Ghia, 05 reg.

Did notice when the car does 60mph or faster the steering wheel shakes a bit, is this normal?

Thank you all in advance

Suz

i'll join you on that one - my wheel shakes after that speed aswell...was reading about it and i put it down to being the sport suspension.

at one point i did think tracking, but had a look at the tires and no wear to suggest that the tracking is wrong.

Hi John

Thank you for your reply.

The car had a service and a full MOT, but would rather be safe than sorry.

Know UK roads are pretty bad, but even on smooth bits of road the tyres still shock

Suz

when your driving along down the motorway or dual carriageway at approx 60-70mph, is the shaking more intense if you have one hand on the steering wheel, and when you put both hands on, it smooths out a little but the shaking is still there?

As far as I can remember its the same with either one hand or two.....but next time I take it out will give it a test

Hi

My 03 TDCi wobbles slightly at 65-70 mph but goes away above ahem 80 mph.

I have yet to own a car which does not have a wobble at some kind of speed TBH

The main culprit is wheel balance.

Hi

hi all, wheels need balanced, or tyre has bobble on it, if you kerb it etc they can form a blister, sometimes on inside so hard to spot,

also worth checking tyres all are on with correct rotation, as the wee arrow has to be correct for every tyre, worth checking, tyres are directional and can cause this effect.

Hi

the front wheels need balanced and maybe the tracking also needs adjusted the ford wheelsa re bad for getting slight buckles due to the pot holes

Just sounds like the balancing is off my focus is the same only minor but living in the country means the wheels do take some abuse so providing its not to bad i just leave it lol.

Just sounds like the balancing is off my focus is the same only minor but living in the country means the wheels do take some abuse so providing its not to bad i just leave it lol.

It's not a good idea to ignore it because the shake will accelerate wear in the steering and suspension.

If it's a Mk2 Ford Focus on an 05 plate you would be well advised to read Known rust problems on Mk2 Focus front wheel arches this problem was rectified on 06 onwards build variants. But if yours is a Mk2 it will be one of the first builds of the Mk2, and you need to fix it. It will not be covered by the warranty, but nonetheless it needs seeing to, the earlier the better.

welcome to the club

Catch

Thank you so much for the link, I will def be buying the mudflaps and skirts if possible asap!!

Thanks again

Suz

Can I ask the garage to check the balancing as par of the warrenty?

If you can convince them the problem existed when you took delivery it's worth a try, but don't hold your breath. :unsure:

Hello Mike

Just spoke to my mum about this as she test drove the car also

She did mention it to the sales man and he said they would do the wheel balancing when they serviced it?

I will call them tomorrow and see what they say?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club