Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittant Fault On Key Fob

itekweni

Hi all I have read the forum in connection with key fobs and so far not found and answer..my key fob started losing its power and i thought it was a battery problem so i replaced it and it worked just great but again sadly started to fade to the point where a good smack against the door handle got it working but not any more...the numbers in my fob read like this 5WK4725/8686 on one part and 5WK48025 on another part so i do not know which number to use when trying to replace the fob..another question where besides the dealer can i buy one of these over the counter as it is starting to do my head in...thanks in advance

Hi all I have read the forum in connection with key fobs and so far not found and answer..my key fob started losing its power and i thought it was a battery problem so i replaced it and it worked just great but again sadly started to fade to the point where a good smack against the door handle got it working but not any more...the numbers in my fob read like this 5WK4725/8686 on one part and 5WK48025 on another part so i do not know which number to use when trying to replace the fob..another question where besides the dealer can i buy one of these over the counter as it is starting to do my head in...thanks in advance

take it to ford theres a little black case that covers the chip and makes it register when the buttons are pressed these go and need replaced not expensive around 30 quid otherwise go to a scrappy and find a car with a fob like youres pick up a few and reprogramme them to youre car its easy done

FORD Focus (Radio 3 Button) - Key Remote Programming 1. Switch Ignition On/Off (II/0) 4 times within 6 seconds until a sound is made. 2. Press any button on Remote until a sound is made. 3. To program additional Remotes, repeat after 2 seconds after the sound. 4. Turn Ignition On/Off to exit. 5. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed.

Thank you for the quick response will do the breaker rounds on the weekend ...thank you again

HI me again sorry to be a nuisance but so far searching the net with the number i took from inside the key fob i have only managed to find one similar on eBay..question will any focus/fiesta fob once programmed work on my focus and anopther question my car being an 06 focus sport is this a MK2...thanks again in advance

Stop wasting your time in breakers and eBay. Go to an autolocksmith. Cheaper than the dealer+ you'll end up with the correct item that works.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club