Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Spark Plug Holes

37bodie

I've just bought a 55 plate 1.6 petrol Focus and serviced it at the weekend. When I changed the spark plugs I was surprised to say the least to find the ignition leads and spark plugs covered in rusty water?! What's all that about? Does anyone know where this is coming from? The engine cover on the car seems to be missing? I'm assuming it has had one at some point as there are screw holes in the cam cover to hold one down?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks. Don't want another set of rusty spark plugs as I was lucky to get the last set out!

I've just bought a 55 plate 1.6 petrol Focus and serviced it at the weekend. When I changed the spark plugs I was surprised to say the least to find the ignition leads and spark plugs covered in rusty water?! What's all that about? Does anyone know where this is coming from? The engine cover on the car seems to be missing? I'm assuming it has had one at some point as there are screw holes in the cam cover to hold one down?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks. Don't want another set of rusty spark plugs as I was lucky to get the last set out!

yes, its coming from the washer jets. when it rains, it gets under them. so far ive successfully removed a couple of sets of washer jets, put some silicone sealant under them and refitted and not had anymore leaking.

cheers

stef

Ive a 2010 focis 1.6tdci with no engine cover neither and also have screw holes, had to buy my engine cover on e-bay worth a look.

Just a little note, I had a water leaking from what I thought were the washer jets but turned out to be the plastic T connector that joins the rubber pipes for the jets.

Changed both jets and both plastic connectors to make sure, not very expensive.

Revised washer jets £2.54

Plastic connectors £2.30 & 79p

Both from Ford main dealer.

• 5 months later...

Happened to me before Christmas.. I thought it was due to all the flooding. Had a mechanic blow dry holes and replace plugs (I had bought a coild pack in case it was that)..

Happened again last week and I cleaned it out myself.. just had a chance to check the forum and found loads of posts!!!.. Thanks guys!

I just want to know why Ford dealers haven't sorted this out during services?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club