Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Driver Side Floor!!!

sweettoad
聽Share

the easiest way to find a leak is to buy a smoke bomb put it in foot well (make sure all windows are closed ) were ever smoke gets out from water can get in . make sure you dont leave the car unattended as some well meaning sole may call the fire service

9 hours ago, sido44 said:

the easiest way to find a leak is to buy a smoke bomb put it in foot well (make sure all windows are closed ) were ever smoke gets out from water can get in . make sure you dont leave the car unattended as some well meaning sole may call the fire service

You do realise that the original post is 8 years old now? LOL Car probably scrapped by now and in rust heaven...馃槀

• Haha 1

Hi all - I appreciate this is an old post but I'm experiencing the same issue on my 2007 focus - water in part of the driver footwell (not near the pedals but more towards the seat in the middle). Anyone else experienced this more recently and could advise on their experiences/advise please ? thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Axis said:

Hi all - I appreciate this is an old post but I'm experiencing the same issue on my 2007 focus - water in part of the driver footwell (not near the pedals but more towards the seat in the middle). Anyone else experienced this more recently and could advise on their experiences/advise please ? thanks

I had a leak like this some months ago, but it was also linked to a decrease in coolant level. Turned out to be the seal on the pipe that attaches to the heater matrix under the dash. The part is peanuts, only a few pounds, but the labour getting to it is eye watering!

• Like 1

Thanks Stephen - I'll keep an eye on the coolant level. Was yours very noticable in terms of the level dropping quickly ?

For the first few months, it would take 200 - 400ml to top up every other week, then one day, steam appeared from under bonnet, temp gauge shot up, and it took 2 litres to get me home! LOL Initially I had it back to the garage several time trying to 'cure' leak, but to no avail. Once it properly failed, the fault was easily seen...

Hi all - some advice please. I put some cardboard down on the driver and passenger footwells to see if I could spot the leak when it rained. It is coming from the driver side upper door/windscreen pillar, where the plastic trim meets the roof lining if that makes sense. Any views on how I could stop that?

thanks

We have a similar problem on the wife's 2003 Focus. The driver footwell is saturated, so I suspect its either a leaking windscreen or bulkhead. The car is 16 years young and this has only developed in the past year. It's very sentimental, so I need to get it cured.聽聽

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

My drivers side carpet in footwell and behind passenger seat is really wet. Also my coolent level has dropped a lot. My oil is clear so not head gasket. Any ideas anybody please聽

2 hours ago, Darryl Jackson said:

My drivers side carpet in footwell and behind passenger seat is really wet. Also my coolent level has dropped a lot. My oil is clear so not head gasket. Any ideas anybody please聽

I would start by looking at this thread if your coolant level has dropped.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 9:55 AM, StephenFord said:

You do realise that the original post is 8 years old now? LOL Car probably scrapped by now and in rust heaven...馃槀

What kind of smoke bomb he talks about? Smoke doesn't leave bad smell in seats, carpets... etc.?

7 hours ago, Csabex said:

What kind of smoke bomb he talks about? Smoke doesn't leave bad smell in seats, carpets... etc.?

You can buy special 'smoke' generators that will put out harmless smoke. By it's nature, smoke will find the path of least resistance, and if the door is shut, and the seals have a leak, you will see the smoke escape from where the seal isn't tight. Oh, and growing up in NI during 'the troubles', I can assure you that proper smoke absolutely has the potential to leave 'bad smells' in carpets etc. 'Smoke damage sales' were a common occurrence LOL

10 hours ago, StephenFord said:

You can buy special 'smoke' generators that will put out harmless smoke. By it's nature, smoke will find the path of least resistance, and if the door is shut, and the seals have a leak, you will see the smoke escape from where the seal isn't tight. Oh, and growing up in NI during 'the troubles', I can assure you that proper smoke absolutely has the potential to leave 'bad smells' in carpets etc. 'Smoke damage sales' were a common occurrence LOL

Ohhh, now it's clear, thx :) I will look for a harmless smoke generator because i have water leakage in boot of a Mk2.5 estate from 2010 and i want to find out the hole where gets in, and after that i need to find some silicone, or i don't know what to repair the hole... Thx for the reply :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2011 at 11:05 PM, sweettoad said:

Well the car has been in the garage for almost a week and they can't find where the water is coming from,anyone have anymore ideas?thanks.

its coming from the rear lights threw the seals where the screws come threw and runs down the bodywork towards the front of the car. if you remove your rear light you will water mark where water has been getting in.

• 4 months later...
On 12/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, Axis said:

Hi all - some advice please. I put some cardboard down on the driver and passenger footwells to see if I could spot the leak when it rained. It is coming from the driver side upper door/windscreen pillar, where the plastic trim meets the roof lining if that makes sense. Any views on how I could stop that?

thanks

I鈥檓 aware this was over a year ago, but did you have any luck finding out what was causing the leak please?聽
I鈥檓 currently having the same problem.

• 11 months later...
On 2/15/2011 at 9:21 PM, billybilly said:

Yes,same problem here on 2009 1.6 tdci.

drivers side front and back.

Water was entering here due to clear adhesive tape covering holes not having been aligned correctly during manufacture.

see photo.

the rainwater was entering the cavity here,directly underneath the drain hole for the cabin air intake for the heater.

photo.

Body putty used to fill hole.

It took a lot of effort to dry the underfelt and it has remained dry now for 2 weeks.

Hope this helps others to solve their problems.

Also the wet interior will cause lots of electrical problems eventually.

Water and electricity do not mix.

post-9532-0-78660300-1297804655_thumb.pn

post-9532-0-35521800-1297804669_thumb.pn

post-9532-0-81561800-1297804683_thumb.pn

post-9532-0-56042900-1297804694_thumb.pn

post-9532-0-20202200-1297804709_thumb.pn

post-9532-0-52447600-1297804719_thumb.pn

Hi mate- thank goodness i found this old post!! I have tried everything on my 2010 MK2 to no avail and it appears that the leak is coming from behind the dash around about that area with the wires!! Ive taped it up and will be taking the arch liner off this weekend. When you say you filled the hole I assume not the big drain hole but the hole in the last pics where youve taken the liner off? (apols if a daft question!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club